What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JIlbreak ipad2

kondor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hy.
I read a lot of things sbout jailbreaking but my question could'nt find.
Therefore i wend me to this forum.
I wish to use the usb or sd input on my ipad to export movie en jpg files on the ipad.
Silly question do you think, but in my practice i make a lot of videos en fotos and import them on my ipad.
That is a better way to show the results.
My dropbox dont accept big mp4 files and i have'nt wifi always wifi, so i have a storage problem.
On the other hand i wish to coppy Mp3 files and epub files from and to the ipad with the usb interface.
Do you think that jailbreaking could help?
Thanks Kondor

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, jail breaking can help in this.

If you jail broke the iPad and installed the tweak iFile ($4.99, USD) from Cydia, you can use the Camera Connection Kit. This will allow you to mount an SD card. iFile will be able to read the card and so you can view movies, jpgs, etc.

I would not recommend trying to use a USB stick as those don't work very well; the SD card work better.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
K

kondor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sd usb port

Yes, jail breaking can help in this.

If you jail broke the iPad and installed the tweak iFile ($4.99, USD) from Cydia, you can use the Camera Connection Kit. This will allow you to mount an SD card. iFile will be able to read the card and so you can view movies, jpgs, etc.

I would not recommend trying to use a USB stick as those don't work very well; the SD card work better.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.
Hy.
I wander that my question to solve the problem to use the usb/sd input from the ipad bidirectional , put you in action to through me out this forum.
The ipad is a innovative product, sure, but not perfect.
Therefore the feedback from the crowd should help the developers to make it better, i am wright?
So i only asking about jailbreaking as a solution, because i can't get any feedback that apple
will make it possible in a io update, i would prefer that much more than jailbreaking, ok?
By the way an other questions, why can't i make a group to send mails?
Why is it not possible to arrange my bookmarks?
All that questions are related to the idea that older people, got interest in computer by the ipad, use this as stand alone .
Greatings kondor

OP
K

kondor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.
I didn't jailbroke yet , i am looking for a solution by apple, if Apple don't resolve, than i must try something else?
My problem is bidirectional use of that port, is that possible?
Kondor

Most reactions

Latest posts