Jewelers Begin Offering Affordable Solutions for Consumers Looking to Turn their Apple Watch Gold

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, May 5, 2015.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    apple watch gold jewelers.jpg

As you know, the entry-level aluminum Apple Watch is priced at a relatively affordable $349, but the most expensive Apple Watch edition is priced between $10,000 and $17,000. However, several jewelers have begun undercutting Apple's big price tags for gold Apple Watch Edition models, coming up with affordable solutions for people looking to make their Apple Watch gold-plated.

Jewelry companies Watch Plate and Golden Dreams are now offering a gold plating service for much less than what you would have to pay for the Apple Watch Edition, says 9to5Mac. Here are the options offered by the companies:

What do you think about this? Would you be interested to add a gold tint to your Apple Watch or you'd rather stick with the more affordable versions of the device? Sound off by leaving your comment below.

Source: 9to5Mac

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's certainly cheaper than the 18k solid gold Apple Watch, but unless they're doing this with approval from Apple, I'm sure that your warranty would be voided.

3. Asharp

Asharp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The stainless steel version is already beautiful, and so is the sport. They're much better looking than in the pictures. And I don't think I could part with mine for 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk