What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jewelers Begin Offering Affordable Solutions for Consumers Looking to Turn their Apple Watch Gold

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple watch gold jewelers.jpg

As you know, the entry-level aluminum Apple Watch is priced at a relatively affordable $349, but the most expensive Apple Watch edition is priced between $10,000 and $17,000. However, several jewelers have begun undercutting Apple's big price tags for gold Apple Watch Edition models, coming up with affordable solutions for people looking to make their Apple Watch gold-plated.

Jewelry companies Watch Plate and Golden Dreams are now offering a gold plating service for much less than what you would have to pay for the Apple Watch Edition, says 9to5Mac. Here are the options offered by the companies:

Watch Plate offers to gold plate your own Apple Watch for $399. The process is relatively simple. You simply FedEx them your stainless steel Apple Watch and they will gold plate the device and ship it back to you, all within 3 business days. Watch Plate will even email you a FedEx label to make the shipment process as simple as possible. The company says it is using 24 karat rose gold or 24 karat yellow gold during its process.

Golden Dreams takes a different approach to offering gold Apple Watch units. For $4,200, the company will soon offer gold-plated Apple Watch models in 24 karat yellow gold, 18 karat rose gold, and 18 karat white gold models. These watches are all custom-made in Geneva and ship worldwide. The company also touts that their gold-plated Apple Watch ships in a high-end luxury box. Alongside the Watch itself, Golden Dreams will also offer over 160 different colored Alligator leather straps. Hand engraving will also be available, according to the company.

What do you think about this? Would you be interested to add a gold tint to your Apple Watch or you'd rather stick with the more affordable versions of the device? Sound off by leaving your comment below.

Source: 9to5Mac

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly cheaper than the 18k solid gold Apple Watch, but unless they're doing this with approval from Apple, I'm sure that your warranty would be voided.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The stainless steel version is already beautiful, and so is the sport. They're much better looking than in the pictures. And I don't think I could part with mine for 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts