What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB OS 4.2.1 for iPad

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it still possible to "respring" the device after this jailbreak? I usually do that instead of rebooting

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
having a heck of a time with the redsnow jb

downloaded the ipsw and redsnow from the same location
went to itunes and restored to the ipsw
started redsnow, pointed to current ipsw file, it verifies fine
go through the steps, everything seems OK through the power/home buttons.. then it goes to uploading ramdisk and just sits there forever.. some times it stops at 5 bars, sometimes at 6, sometimes at 8, etc... eventually it reboots, despite redsnow appearing to be stuck, but no cydia

running this from x64 win7.. i assume there isnt an issue with running on 64bit os?

Easy fix. Run redsn0w in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (right click and choose compatability mode). Will work fine if you do this...

jonnydrama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your help.... but i think i will wait for untethered version, would i be correct in assuming an untethered version will be available 1 day soon?

also, just curious - with tethered if you lose your cydia apps after normal reboot- is that the same for apps people get through the hackulous thingy? are they not real apps from the app store that are hacked?

twikoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy fix. Run redsn0w in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (right click and choose compatability mode). Will work fine if you do this...

thats it.. thanks! that was really starting to annoy me

twikoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm.. ok.. so now its jailbroken, but the cydia icon is all white.. and when i hit it, it comes up briefly and then goes away immediately.

supermorik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm.. ok.. so now its jailbroken, but the cydia icon is all white.. and when i hit it, it comes up briefly and then goes away immediately.

bcaus u r not ready yet :)

now run redsnow one more time and do the same but select the " just boot tethered right now "

and wait folow commands them u r ready ;)

twikoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah.. i spent so long on the step before.. just figured it would go ahead and come out tethered from the break
too bad i did the jb at work and Im now at home.. guess Ill have to copy the ipsw over

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see why you would see the need to do that... Tethered booting is pretty easy to deal with, unless you often find yourself away from power all day.. Mines been JB over a month, and I am just careful not to install any random Cydia packages away from my desktop, for fear that it will ask me to reboot the device after the install

twikoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yep.. as you can see from the posts just up above.. I JB mine in november and havent had any issues..

have had a couple cydia installs that required a reboot.. but as said, planned ahead to quickly boot back up tethered (only takes seconds)..

but since there is rarely any reason to have to shut it all the way down.. being a tethered JB isnt a big deal at all for the ipad.

zidanios_05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is there any untethered jb for iPad?

My firmware version for iPad is originally 4.2.1, so is there any jb for my iPad version had been release.?? Or I just have to Wait a few days more????

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My firmware version for iPad is originally 4.2.1, so is there any jb for my iPad version had been release.?? Or I just have to Wait a few days more????

Not yet. You just need to wait a little while longer, or go with the tethered version of redsn0w...

Most reactions

Latest posts