What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jawbone Bluetooth: Does it work?

kreeplx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am reading all over the place the Jawbone Icon and Hero work with the AD2P profile update on the headset. People say this works with iOS 4 and up, however, does it really work?

If anyone has this setup for Skype or Talkatone, please let me, any everyone else know if the audio and mic really work on this headset at the same time so I don't have to drop money on a device that doesn't work for my needs.

Alternatively, is there a good wired solution. I noticed Apple wants a cool $100 for their wired solution. Amazon has mountains of alternatives but all of the reviews are pathetic. So if you use one of these apps with a headset, what do you use and does it work for you?

Thanks for the replies.

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Jawbone Prime. I'll try and pair it in the morning and I'll let you know

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can confirm it pairs OK. I've tried it on Skype but I can't hear any audio. I'll have another play around with it later.

Last edited:
OP
K

kreeplx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really appreciate you checking this for me.

Some guy on the Apple forums say the Motorola Rokr S9 HD works fine for him. So, I took a leap of faith and ordered them. The set was only $50 on amazon. I will see if this works and if it does, I will make sure to follow up on this. We should all get together in these forums and make a list of compatible headsets because there are a lot of people out there digging for this.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another Jawbone Prime here. Works well and can pair with iPad and my phone at the same time.

OP
K

kreeplx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received the Rokr S9 HD bluetooth headset today and it it works with Talkatone! Stereo sound through the earpieces and the mic works simultaneously. I will try Skype later. Garage Band didn't pick it up but there may be a setting for it. Thanks for trying your other headsets guys.:D

Intranetsites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using bluetooth headset mic on your ipad?

Are you using a bluetooth headset mic sucessfully with skype?

Thanks

Desparatley trying to find one that works

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe that the iPad Bluetooth profile on a non jail broken iPad supports a Bluetooth microphone.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

hector361

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pairing process is different depending on which Jawbone model you have.

Jawbone Pairing

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

randydurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I struggled with getting my Big Jambox to pair with my ipad2. Followed all the instructions. I discovered that since I had previously paired my Jambox, it was kind of locked into that pairing. Try turning on Bluetooth on the iPad and it will start searching. Hold the power button down for 3 seconds on the iPad and the light will flash red and white. Then push the button beside of the power button and will announce "Ready to pair". The ipad will now pair.

Most reactions

Latest posts