What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Java?

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife is a college student and, on this past Thursday, she took my 32gb WiFi iPad to school - for the purpose of getting some studying & researching done (there are times when the college's computers are all taken, or the atmosphere just isn't conducive to studying due to the talking & joking around).

So my wife attempts to get on the school's signal, with the iPad, only to receive notification that a Java App is required before further progression would be allowed. I don't know what this actually translates to, but I did visit the App Store to see if I could learn anything on the Java Apps that are there. Quite frankly, I am just as confused as to WHAT I need to get - as I am behind WHY it is needed.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did a bit more researching and found that Java is needed not only to play some games, but to gain entrance to some websites. What might be a cheap (or, even better - FREE) but good Java program for the iPad?

Advanced thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts