1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Java?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by NLAlston, Mar 11, 2011.

1. NLAlston

NLAlston iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife is a college student and, on this past Thursday, she took my 32gb WiFi iPad to school - for the purpose of getting some studying & researching done (there are times when the college's computers are all taken, or the atmosphere just isn't conducive to studying due to the talking & joking around).

So my wife attempts to get on the school's signal, with the iPad, only to receive notification that a Java App is required before further progression would be allowed. I don't know what this actually translates to, but I did visit the App Store to see if I could learn anything on the Java Apps that are there. Quite frankly, I am just as confused as to WHAT I need to get - as I am behind WHY it is needed.
  2. NLAlston

NLAlston iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did a bit more researching and found that Java is needed not only to play some games, but to gain entrance to some websites. What might be a cheap (or, even better - FREE) but good Java program for the iPad?

Advanced thanks.