What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Ipad

newbie2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Dont know much about the ipad but I'm in Japan for a few weeks & thought I would check the prices out. Will a Japanese Ipad work in the UK?
Thanks.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A wifi only iPad will certainly work in the UK. Not sure about cellular. My jump to conclusion guess is that it probably will not.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading this I would say that it will work http://www.japanmobiletech.com/2012/03/new-ipad-supports-lte-but-not-in-japan.html but really you need to do some research before committing.

My understanding is that prices in Japan may well be more expensive than in the UK. A discussion at your nearest Apple Store may shed more light on this.

If it is a wifi only model then it will definitely work.

Either way, you will want to get a UK charger or an adaptor plug otherwise you won't be able to charge it.

The Archangel

OP
N

newbie2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys. compared the prices today. Ipad mini 16gb is £264 in Japan. Can get it at home for £269 so its not worth taking the risk.
Cheers.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, overseas shopping is nothing like it used to be. A few years ago you could get CDN$2.20 or more for GBP1. Now you get about $1.50.

With that kind of differential you are wise to buy it in your own country. Far less hassle, and if you did buy it in Japan, you would likely be due for import duty and VAT when you got it back to the UK.

Most reactions

Latest posts