1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Japanese Elderly Take to the iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    [​IMG]

Bloomberg has a really great story today about how the elderly in Japan are really taking to the iPad. "The iPad is a good tool for the elderly because it's very forgiving of mistakes, something the seniors fear when dealing with computers," Takahiro Miura of the University of Tokyo told Bloomberg, adding, "unlike the PC, it doesn't require prior knowledge."

Bloomberg spoke to several elderly Japanese people in the article, all of who were finding the iPad to be a great help in their day-to-day lives, such as Motoo Kitamura, a former gas salesman, who said that the iPad helped him to communicate with his 2-year-old grandson, as well as making it easier for him to follow his favourite baseball team and to show holiday snaps. "I think using the iPad could help keep dementia at bay," he told Bloomberg. "Trying new things like that is a good mental exercise."

Source: Bloomberg
  2. Azieser

Azieser iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree the iPad is amazing for elderly people or people that do not need or want to understand how computing devices work. If you have an older relative that wants to send emails and browse the internet without too many worries, then I would set them up with an iPad.:)