What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Elderly Take to the iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Bloomberg has a really great story today about how the elderly in Japan are really taking to the iPad. "The iPad is a good tool for the elderly because it's very forgiving of mistakes, something the seniors fear when dealing with computers," Takahiro Miura of the University of Tokyo told Bloomberg, adding, "unlike the PC, it doesn't require prior knowledge."

Bloomberg spoke to several elderly Japanese people in the article, all of who were finding the iPad to be a great help in their day-to-day lives, such as Motoo Kitamura, a former gas salesman, who said that the iPad helped him to communicate with his 2-year-old grandson, as well as making it easier for him to follow his favourite baseball team and to show holiday snaps. "I think using the iPad could help keep dementia at bay," he told Bloomberg. "Trying new things like that is a good mental exercise."

Source: Bloomberg

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree the iPad is amazing for elderly people or people that do not need or want to understand how computing devices work. If you have an older relative that wants to send emails and browse the internet without too many worries, then I would set them up with an iPad.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts