What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Alarm App Sends Out Humiliating Tweets if You Snooze!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Alarm_app.JPG

MacRumors reports today on a fascinating Japanese alarm clock app called Okite, that is designed to go all out to ensure that you don't oversleep, by automatically sending out silly and embarrassing tweets to your Twitter account (assuming you have one, of course) every time you press the snooze button. Here are some of the strange tweets that will be sent out if you dare to oversleep, courtesy of MacRumours:

"From today on I'm going to head to work via unicycle."

"I want to buy a fast red Ferrari and a horse!"

"Just as I thought, I want to become a stewardess."
As the Japanese culture blog that featured the app notes, to be publicly embarassed (although in a fairly lighthearted way, it must be said) in Japan is quite a punishment, so this should be a very effective way of getting people out of bed. Unfortunately for heavy sleepers in the rest of the world, the app is only available in a Japanese language version, and only in the Japanese App Store.

Source: Japanese App Tweets Embarrassing Things If You Oversleep - Mac Rumors

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I would be proud of any one of those tweets. It may even encourage me to lie in of a morning ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts