What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken... now what?

michaelqian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my first post on this forum

I'm very new to Apple software so please forgive me if I'm asking seemingly simple questions. I have just bought a iPad with 4.2.1 and have jailbroken it using GreenPois0n RC6.1.

Did a bit of a Google search but it doesn't seem to answer my question... what is the full potential of a jailbroken iPad?

The applications on Cydia don't look that interesting, most of them seem to be themes and wallpapers.

I'm looking at doing some of the following things

1. Load .avi and .rmvb files on the iPad and be able to play them

2. Get flash support so I can view more youtbe videos and videos from other sites

What do you use your jailbroken iPad for? Just want to get some ideas what can be done with them?

Thanks for any advice.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
YourTube is the only one that would interest me since youtube appears to have pulled the plug on MiTube :(

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No....after installing desired app, cydia should prompt you to either "Return to cydia", "Restart Springboard", or "Reboot Device".

MaDurn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did reboot for PullToRefreshMail, but then I installed BytaFont and a couple of fonts afterwards. Not seeing a difference in the fonts....the list in Settings only shows the defaults.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did reboot for PullToRefreshMail, but then I installed BytaFont and a couple of fonts afterwards. Not seeing a difference in the fonts....the list in Settings only shows the defaults.

Did you open the bytafont app and goto the "basic" tab and choose the desired font and let it respring?

Also if you goto the "advance" tab you can choose which app uses which font.

MaDurn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aaaahhh...that's what i was missing :eek:
i'm still learning which ones require me to go into a separate app. thanks!

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shhhhhhh..... Listen. You should now be hearing angels singing..... Or perhaps a cross between Fergie and Jesus singing.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RetinaPad in Cydia allows you to get iPhone apps that have Retina support to look normal in 2x mode and not all fuzzy. Also 5-row keyboard is nice and convenient. Cydia has so many tweaks and modifications that are great. Jailbreaking is Awesome!

FREE MY iPAD2 

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iSwifter, Cloud Browse, and SkyFire are the only way to see flash. They are apps in the AppStore. There is a Jailbreak tweak named Frash, but it didn't work on hardly any sites and was never updated.

FREE MY iPAD2 

Most reactions