What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad (4.2.1) not rebooting after battery drain

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm a noob at this so can you guys help me? how do you guys get pictures for your profile and how do you become a iPad fan or something else other than an iPad noob? Please respond
Thx so much:)

There seems to be a problem with adding profile pics at the moment, but some users found that "Tapatalk" works around this problem nicely. ( I also used it as a work around )

Think f4780y pretty much covered everything else.

@ aleksa:

Any changes? Did you drain completely? Were you able to use the wall mounted charge?

aleksa2808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow,thanks for a fast replies guys!:)
ok,so i think i recharged it quite a bit,i charged it in whats apparently a DFU(i would say) but still nothing.no luck starting it.restoring would be great too but itunes cant seem to see it.i do however know for sure that the ipad knows its connected to a pc,because it wants to go in dfu and recovery mode.
like i said the last thing i noticed before this was that it said "not charging" when connected to a wall...
also i DID try to connect it to different pcs and OSs...
:(
any more suggestions?i really dont know what to do...
EDIT: btw,yesterday it drained completely many times(going into reboot cycle and losing battery)

EDIT2:i know the docking plug probably screwed up and its a hardware error,but i wont give up just yet:(

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, sounds like a hardware fault, probably a dodgy pin in the dock connector. An iPad can still charge even if one of the data pins is bust. You have tried another cable, yes?

aleksa2808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, sounds like a hardware fault, probably a dodgy pin in the dock connector. An iPad can still charge even if one of the data pins is bust. You have tried another cable, yes?
Yes,of course,even tried both cables with my iPod and they work fine.
EDIT:checked now,could not enter recovery mode while unplugged

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, my bad. I apologise. I must be trippin then... You know sometimes you can convince yourself of something that ain't right for whatever reason? I'll remove the posts. Still convinced it's a pin problem on the device though! Sorry. It only needs to see the power on the line, so we know it charges OK and has power. It sounds like a data pin to me. I take it if you look, you can't see anything wrong in the slot on the iPad?

I've seen a few posts around the interwebz that suggest you can use a small flathead screwdriver to gently put bent pins back in the right place if they are slightly out. Take great care though. I don't recommend sticking anything in the slot...

Last edited:

aleksa2808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, my bad. I apologise. I must be trippin then... You know sometimes you can convince yourself of something that ain't right for whatever reason? I'll remove the posts. Still convinced it's a pin problem on the device though! Sorry. It only needs to see the power on the line, so we know it charges OK and has power. It sounds like a data pin to me. I take it if you look, you can't see anything wrong in the slot on the iPad?

I've seen a few posts around the interwebz that suggest you can use a small flathead screwdriver to gently put bent pins back in the right place if they are slightly out. Take great care though. I don't recommend sticking anything in the slot...

hmm,can you please give me more info on that.i know a lot about ipad software,hardware on the other side...meh,not that much:/ i haven't noticed anything strange about the slot.
EDIT:it's not like i have much to lose now anyway.i'm currently willing to try anything

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I did was google "apple dock connector pins bent" and the top result suggests that. No pics or anything though... As I said, not my recommendation! If you can't see anything out of place with your eyes, I wouldn't go sticking anything in there!
Touch wood, after so many Apple devices, I've never broken a dock connector yet. Sorry dude.

aleksa2808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I did was google "apple dock connector pins bent" and the top result suggests that. No pics or anything though... As I said, not my recommendation! If you can't see anything out of place with your eyes, I wouldn't go sticking anything in there!
Touch wood, after so many Apple devices, I've never broken a dock connector yet. Sorry dude.

too bad:(there's no apple stores in my country,i can't fix it...have ipods waaay older than the ipad working fine>.<

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
>_<"

Ouchie...

Maybe... A computer vendor that can fix it? Dunno about your part of the woods, but before apple opened their stores here, there were a couple of vendors with apple's licences to fix iDevices. (and a couple who didn't and ruined them instead)

Look for one of these lovely people, but be sure to ask of the licence!

My thoughts are with you...I know how you feel...:(

aleksa2808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
>_<"

Ouchie...

Maybe... A computer vendor that can fix it? Dunno about your part of the woods, but before apple opened their stores here, there were a couple of vendors with apple's licences to fix iDevices. (and a couple who didn't and ruined them instead)

Look for one of these lovely people, but be sure to ask of the licence!

My thoughts are with you...I know how you feel...:(

There's a few "Apple authorized resellers" here so I'll try my luck there...
Thanks for all the help guys!
(On the other forum I STILL didn't get a reply>.<)

chixta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed!!!!

So it turns out that I was lucky enough ton have a faulty charger so a nice and cheap (ish) fix.

Many thanks for all your advice and help - much appreciated and I know where to go if I have a prob in the future

Fingers crossed!!
Chixta

Most reactions

Latest posts