What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbroken ipad 2 wont restore on itunes

Nawalg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sorry if this question have been posted, if u can link me back to the solution please thank you.

I have a jailbroken ipad 2 on ios 5.x.x then i updated the ipad over the air (i know im stupid for doing it coz i didnt know i cannot do that) so its stuck on "please connect to itunes" logo. I connected to itunes and it said that i need to restore in so i did press the restore button. Everything went smoothly until extracting software and around the end it said error 16xx ipad wont restore. I have tried to delete the restore file and download again but nothing happens. Plsss help me.

Help me pls. Now my ipad is literally dead.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank youuu. Im gonna try later after work and if i failed i will write to u. Thanks for replying. :)

You are quite welcome. It is pretty straight forward and easy to do. One time my antivirus software got in the way. I disabled it and the iPad restore went just fine.
Good luck.

OP
N

Nawalg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are quite welcome. It is pretty straight forward and easy to do. One time my antivirus software got in the way. I disabled it and the iPad restore went just fine.
Good luck.

Just another question. I dun really know how to disable the antivirus thing? I have antivirus but i dunno how to disable it. Sorry if I'm asking stupid question.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just another question. I dun really know how to disable the antivirus thing? I have antivirus but i dunno how to disable it. Sorry if I'm asking stupid question.

You shouldn't have to disable it. I had to disable mine because it was too aggressive and I kept getting an error.
Following the steps in the link I sent earlier will get you back up and running. They have been tried and tested by a lot of people.

OP
N

Nawalg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to disable it. I had to disable mine because it was too aggressive and I kept getting an error.
Following the steps in the link I sent earlier will get you back up and running. They have been tried and tested by a lot of people.

Okayy i'll try and do it when im home. Thankss again. I'll get back to u if i have any problem

OP
N

Nawalg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To what version of iOS are you trying to restore? Because you have to restore to the latest iOS, which is 6.1.2 as of this writing.

Marilyn

Yeah im restoring to ios6.1.2 . Im not sure why the error keeps coming out?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.
You're using Microsoft Windows?
Is your iTunes the latest version? Click Help then Check For Updates.
Try a different USB port. Use one on the back of the computer, if possible.
Try the restore again.
If that doesn't work, try disabling your antivirus program temporarily. Right click on the antivirus icon that is next to the clock. There should be a disable option in the menu that appears when you right-click. If it doesn't have the option let me know which anti virus program you use and I'll look up disabling for you.
Try the restore again.
Let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

OP
N

Nawalg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.
You're using Microsoft Windows?
Is your iTunes the latest version? Click Help then Check For Updates.
Try a different USB port. Use one on the back of the computer, if possible.
Try the restore again.
If that doesn't work, try disabling your antivirus program temporarily. Right click on the antivirus icon that is next to the clock. There should be a disable option in the menu that appears when you right-click. If it doesn't have the option let me know which anti virus program you use and I'll look up disabling for you.
Try the restore again.
Let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Yes im using windows. Yeap itunes on latest version. Okay i'll try and disable the antivirus and retore again. Thanks sooo much for replying.

OP
N

Nawalg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally i get to restore my ipad. Well technically my brother helped me. But anyways, thank youuu soooo much for ure help :)

Btw, now im restoring all my backups. After i have done it, am i still able to jailbreak my ipad or no?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure! After you've successfully got your iPad running iOS 6.1.2, you can [easily] jail break it using evasi0n (version 1.4).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts