What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Ipad 2 4.3 update to 5.1.1 and Jailbreak possible ?

DiogoCDS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

After some time trying to find a way to do what title says I decided to ask it in this forum.
So my friend got an Ipad 2 with IOS 4.3, which is jailbroken, and he wanted to update it to the latest IOS that can be jailbroken, IOS 5.1.1 if im not mistaken.
The problem is, after the release of IOS 6 its not possible to update to 5.1.1 through iTunes anymore, it will directly update to IOS 6.
So I'm wondering if there is a way to do it? I think there is a way but all that I read about it just made me get more confused.

Thanks

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless the device has 5.1.1 blobs saved you won't be able to do it. Cydia may have them since it is jail broken.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jwjohnson said:
Unless the device has 5.1.1 blobs saved you won't be able to do it. Cydia may have them since it is jail broken.

Unless you have already been on iOS 5.1.1 when the signing window was still open and saved the blobs at that time, you won't have blobs for it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you have already been on iOS 5.1.1 when the signing window was still open and saved the blobs at that time, you won't have blobs for it.

That's not quite accurate Scifan. Saving blobs has NOTHING to do with the version of iOS you are or ever have been "on". An owner of an iPad1 with 3.2 installed can still have all their blobs saved up to and including 5.1.1 if they have been saving them via Tiny Umbrella or Cydia.

The OPs friend may have 5.1.1 blobs IF they have followed the right process.

OP, try this tutorial. At te end you will know what blobs he has - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

If you have any useful 4.x or 5.x blobs, you can hopefully use this tutorial to restore one of them - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

Good Luck.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That's not quite accurate Scifan. Saving blobs has NOTHING to do with the version of iOS you are or ever have been "on". An owner of an iPad1 with 3.2 installed can still have all their blobs saved up to and including 5.1.1 if they have been saving them via Tiny Umbrella or Cydia.

I did some more checking and find you are right, as long as Apple is still signing the iOS version at the time you try to save the blobs.

OP
D

DiogoCDS

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OP, try this tutorial. At te end you will know what blobs he has -(LINK)
If you have and useful 4.x or 5.x blobs, you can hopefully use this tutorial to restore one of them - (LINK)
Good Luck.

Ohhh so theres still hope :D
Thanks mate I'll check it and reply back!

OP
D

DiogoCDS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... Unfortunately the SHSH blobs weren't saved :(
Thanks anyways

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DiogoCDS said:
Well... Unfortunately the SHSH blobs weren't saved :(
Thanks anyways

If you don't have blobs saved, then the only update you can do at this time is to iOS 6.0.1. If your friend wants to keep his jailbreak, he'll have to stay on his current iOS and update only when an iOS 6/6.0.1 jailbreak is released.

Last edited:
OP
D

DiogoCDS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have blobs saved, then the only update you can do at this time is to iOS 6.0.1. If your friend wants to keep his jailbreak, he'll have to stay on his current iOS and update only when an iOS 6/6.0.1 jailbreak is released.

Yeh that's what I thought... She's raging at me because im on 5.1.1 on my Ipad xD
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts