What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad 1 or newer iPad 2?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the wonderful support here! it makes my purchase an owning of an ipad even more worthwhile!!

I just did the jailbreak using jailbreakme. Everything seems to be fine. In some of the guides, I read about backing up or changing passwords afterwards. What should I be doing next?

Thanks!

Hi. Can I just chip in to let you know you CAN save your 4.3.3 blobs because you have an iPad1. iFaith is a tool which will extract your blobs from your currently installed firmware, so in your case 4.3.3. It does not work on iPad2, but is fine on iPad1.

You can download it from here - iH8sn0w.com

It allows you to not only extract your blobs and save them away, but you can create yourself a custom 4.3.3 pre-signed firmware for your device. So if you ever get into problems, you can use iFaith to help you install this custom firmware without worrying about Apple at all...

Most reactions

Latest posts