What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken 3.2.2? Post your details here for those of us who cant!

blizzer3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Model: MB293LL
Version: 3.2.2 (7B500)
32GB WIFI only

I tried a few times but is not working on my couple weeks old Ipad with 3.2.2, it keeps showing "connect to itunes" screen....no green drop.
However, I deicided to try one last time using the 10secs DFU mode and it works!!! Here's what I did:
1) Just hold down the power and home button as Limera1n told you to
2) Count exactly 10 seconds and release the power button(just disregard what Limera1n told you to do)
3) keep holding the home button for exactly 10 more seconds and release.
4) The green drop should appear.
we have the same model
tried that to.
Even used stopwatch....
still not working on mine ..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Geo has posted a new RC (RC1b) which is reported to fix problems with the iPad and shows signs of success with users who have been unable to successfully JB up to this point...

Nickeliten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it to work with model:
Ipad 32gb 3G
MC496NF

I used a computer with a fresh install of windows xp. It didnt work the first time, i didnt have itunes installed by that time so i installed it and had itunes open an it worked like a charm!

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've talked to Geohot and all problems should be fixed, if you still have problems after using RC1b post it here so I can address it to him.

yanikeke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked!!! I downloaded the new file posted on limera1n and on the first try it worked. My iPad 32GB model it's jailbroken!!!! Yes!!!!

iCeJaY 420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Model: MB293LL
Version: 3.2.2
Windows Ver:Win 7 Ult

first couple times stuck in DFU mode
with new fix Itunes wouldnt recognize it.
Im going green and gonna wait for Green p0ison

demis21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys i got it with the last limera1n.
Give it a couple tries
MB293LL
Thanks.

hatsuta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 64gb 3G
Model: MC497LL
Version: 3.2.2 (7B500)

I ve tried a lot of time JBing my ipad and i still can't get the green logo. Seems that it's not working on the 3g one.

SHAtterjailbreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is some tips for you guys to possibly get it working for you.

IF YOU JAILBROKE PRIOR TO 10/11/10 WITH LIMERA1N JAILBREAK THEN YOU TRIED ONE OF THE BETAS AND YOU SHOULD RETRY TO JAILBREAK AGAIN NOW THAT LIMERA1N IS OUT OF BETA STAGES.

1. THE VERY FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS UPDATE TO iTUNES 10.0.1 OR NEWER OTHERWISE THE JAILBREAK WILL NOT WORK. NOT SURE WHAT ITUNES YOU HAVE THEN UPDATE IT ANYWAYS. GO

2. BACKUP YOUR DEVICE IN ITUNES BEFORE STARTING JUST IN CASE.

3. YOU MUST HAVE A DEVICE THAT IS OUT THE BOX WITH FIRMWARE 3.2.2 FROM THE STORE OR HAS BEEN UPDATED TO FIRMWARE 3.2.2

4. ENTERING IN DFU MODE
DFU Mode is all timing. Some people say count to 10 and some people say watch the on screen prompts. Well the best and easiest way to put your iPad in DFU Mode is to listen to the chimes your iPad makes when it is disconnected from your computer and when it is connected to your computer it will chime as well. When you hold the Home and Power button simultaneously your iPad will reboot itself making a chime when it disconnects from your computer, now when you hear the next chime sound, you will release the Power button immediately when you hear that second chime while continuing to hold down the Home button until the on screen message prompt says "in DFU Mode wait" then release the Home button.

5. AFTER YOU SEE THE MESSAGE THAT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY JAILBROKE YOUR iPAD.
YOUR iPAD will power down automatically and it will NOT automatically reboot itself. You will need to press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then "Slide to unlock" to view the Home Screen. You will notice there is NO limera1n icon. The reason why is because it is on the mext page so scroll to the secong page of your Springboard (Home Screen) and you will see a White icon called limera1n. Go ahead and tap to open that app. Now tap on Cydia option and make sure you get a green check on the right then tap Install at the top.

Now that Cydia is installed, you can open the limera1n app again and delete limera1n itself so it's not taking up valuable Home Screen Real Estate. If you see a White Cydia icon and/or limera1n icon then you may press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then Slide to power down. Once your device is turned completely off, you may login again and scroll to the second page to see the Cydia and/or limera1n icon

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts