What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken 3.2.1 to Jailbreak 4.2.1

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This forum does not all the discussion of cracked apps or any software that is acquired by any means other than that intended by the author, owner, developer or distributor.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey look.....a bullet type button! Pressy pressy!!!!! :D

• First off there is no such thing as a waste of time. You either do it RIGHT or you do not do it at all. Really is simple as that. Doing it in increments is the safest way to do it.
  • The tethered Jailbreak is not by ANY means bug free. Please do not spread around that it is when it is not.

• UNTETHERED remains the better option....WHEN they release the proper software because as it is now it is just a piece of garbage alpha build that is causing all sorts of trouble.

Real mature response.

So go on, embarrass me and list the bugs with the tethered jailbreak which will be fixed by the untethered version. I've had it running for a couple of months, consider myself a power user, and the jailbreak is bug free for me.
You seem quite content to tell folks in the hacking forum to avoid tethered at all costs and wait for untethered. I'm surely allowed to offer an alternative opinion based on my experiences, aren't I?

Also, just for fun, educate me on why incrementally upgrading through all beta versions of the firmware is a better approach. I've been jail breaking the iPhone since the first generation 1.x and never heard that one, so look forward to your new insight. I hope the response is not the same as your initial post, as having a firmware version installed DOES NOT allow you to save the SHSH blobs for that version. Also, as you failed to acknowledge, there are no blobs for beta firmwares OTHER than beta3. These only exist because Apple intended it to be the release candidate.

Also, please forgive me for not using a bulleted list. I prefer to write in sentences and the bullet list interface on iPad Safari is not the best. I'm entitled to that also, am I not?

images

Most reactions

Latest posts