What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking...

OP
H

hattrick77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently traded a Galaxy S3 for an iPhone 5 and a galaxy tab 2 7.0 for an ipad Mini and don't miss either one bit....I even had both androids rooted running custom roms and kernels and the iDevices are still running soooo much smoother and faster than my androids. I personally haven't found one thing I can't do with my Jailbroken iDevices that I could do with my androids.

You probably just don't know what tweaks to download to achieve what you are wanting. There's a lot of useful info on here and you tube. Or pm me and I can try to help you find a tweak your looking for.

I have an S3 and its rooted on the stock jelly bean rom. I turned that sucker into a hotspot for Free. I get adblock for free. I'm not here to start a which device is better. Just trying to learn the benefits of jailbreaking.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an S3 and its rooted on the stock jelly bean rom. I turned that sucker into a hotspot for Free. I get adblock for free. I'm not here to start a which device is better. Just trying to learn the benefits of jailbreaking.

You should try Beanstown's rom Jelly 'Beans' that's what I was running before I got rid of it. It's probably the best rom out for the gs3

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are pretty much the same. I don't really see the problem.

I'm not sure what apps you were using but the ones I use on a daily basis are worlds apart. I've had more android phones than u can shake a stick at.. All rooted and running custom roms. The galaxy s3 was by far the best but the apps are garbage and I have since sold it for an ip5. I still use my galaxy tab as for some odd reason apple doesn't believe in putting GPS in their iPads.. But I can't use the galaxy tab as a normal daily driver.. Even running cyanogen mod 10.1 with android 4.2.2.. It's fast and somewhat smooth. But the apps are rubbish. Most them are just phone apps stretched out.. Which even the phone apps are sub par to what u find on iOS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what apps you were using but the ones I use on a daily basis are worlds apart. I've had more android phones than u can shake a stick at.. All rooted and running custom roms. The galaxy s3 was by far the best but the apps are garbage and I have since sold it for an ip5. I still use my galaxy tab as for some odd reason apple doesn't believe in putting GPS in their iPads.. But I can't use the galaxy tab as a normal daily driver.. Even running cyanogen mod 10.1 with android 4.2.2.. It's fast and somewhat smooth. But the apps are rubbish. Most them are just phone apps stretched out.. Which even the phone apps are sub par to what u find on iOS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What i mean is. The apps are the same. sure they run smoother on ios as does everything but they still do the same job and i get the same information. Less smooth is a small price to pay for all the extras i get now.

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I had the pic from
My galaxy s3 comparing the eBay apps... Not even close.. The iPad app wayyyy more detailed shows more information at one time..

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I had the pic from
My galaxy s3 comparing the eBay apps... Not even close.. The iPad app wayyyy more detailed shows more information at one time..

I know what your saying. I don't want to start an argument over it. So for me personally, id be comparing my iPad eBay app to my note 2 eBay app. The iPad app is better but its for a tablet and my other eBay app is for my phone. However, if i can buy something off eBay and see what it is with description then i don't care which i use as long as the job gets done lol

P.s.. Nothing to with this topic but. I can only post when i quote people for some reason. If i try to reply the normal way the SEND button doesn't highlight to press on my iPad for some reason

Last edited:

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I like to lean more towards the ease of use of an app which to me is better functionality.. Even if it does the same job.. If it does it easier to me it's a better app. I mean u can buy a Yugo if u want to... It'll still get u from point a to point b... But wouldn't u much rather do it in a McLaren? Lets face it iOS apps are the McLarens and Android apps are the yugos... I loved my android phones and tablets and until they get more support ill stick with iOS. Except for GPS needs lol

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
P.s.. Nothing to with this topic but. I can only post when i quote people for some reason. If i try to reply the normal way the SEND button doesn't highlight to press on my iPad for some reason

It's a bug in the app. Press the return key before you start to type and the send button will light up.

OP
H

hattrick77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can look into it. Wifi tethers gotta work though and Bluetooth is big.

Most reactions

Latest posts