What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking iPad and iTunes 9.2 options?

ob_one

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have received my iPhone4, that requires iTunes 9.2 yesterday, and today I finally got my iPad as well, I already activated it on the iTunes 9.2 only to find out on spirit's webpage, that I can't JB when iTunes 9.2 is used...

Can I still jailbreak the iPad on a computer that has iTunes 9.1.1, or am I F'd till the new JB comes out?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have received my iPhone4, that requires iTunes 9.2 yesterday, and today I finally got my iPad as well, I already activated it on the iTunes 9.2 only to find out on spirit's webpage, that I can't JB when iTunes 9.2 is used...

Can I still jailbreak the iPad on a computer that has iTunes 9.1.1, or am I F'd till the new JB comes out?

Well, if you want to install a older version of iTunes....

Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com

OP
O

ob_one

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and link!
However, I have more than one computer (way too many if you ask my wife) and I have older versions of iTunes installed on them, I just want to verify that I will not get the infinite loop problem... as I activated the iPad with itunes 9.2...

OP
O

ob_one

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I am impatient by nature, is will try to restore the iPad on an iTunes 9.1.1, and then try to jail break it... Will report on my success or failure...

OP
O

ob_one

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - so the following worked for me:
1. I originally activated my iPad on a machine that has iTunes 9.2
2. I installed iTunes 9.1.1.12 on a laptop.
3. Synced the iPad with the iTunes on the laptop.
4. Ran spirit jailbreak from the laptop

iPad is jailbroaken, with no infinite boot cycles!!!

stynkfysh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Follow Up

Thanks for the info! As a follow up. Can you plug your jail-broken iPad into the computer with iTunes 9.2 on it without concern?

Thanks again!

Joamjoamjoam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes u can I am doing so right now with no problems and also there is a fix now for spirit jailbreak for iTunes 9.2 if u had to jb on it? But yes iTunes 9.2 is ok to connect youripad too

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is jail broken, and I'm using iTunes 9.2. Haven't had any issues so far, apart from the constant, but slight, battery drain. Although to be honest the only reason I did it was to use snes4iphone.

Which I found to be a bit of a letdown considering you can't reassign the wii remote settings. Hoping they have an update with that option soon, or I think I shall un jailbreak lol

Linkage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres a fix for the 9.2 iTunes spirit someone "unoffically" released that i used which worked great for myself after dramas of trying to jailbreak on 9.2

iTunes 9.2 FIX

Last edited:

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that if you're iPad is already jail broken before upgrading to Itunes 9.2 you'll have no issues ?

laserheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a lot of misinformation running around about iTunes 9.2 compatibility.

There is a Windows patcher floating around that apparently fixes the 9.2 problems on Windows.

How about the Mac, though?

Is iTunes 9.2 Mac compatible with the Spirit jb?

Most reactions

Latest posts