What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking Ipad 3?

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been thinking about jailbreaking my Ipad 3 running IOS 5.1.1, I have downloaded absinthe 2.0.4. My question is with the newer IOS 6 coming out shortly and all the new features is it worth jailbreaking? also are there a lot of themes out there for the Ipad 3 or will I have to wait a while for some to come out?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think we should tell you whether to jailbreak or not. It's a perosnal choice and entirely up to you.

Sure, IOS6 is coming, but there is nothing stopping you from jailbreaking 5.1.1 today and installing 6.0 when it gets released to the public. I'm sure lots of folks will do that. Jailbreaking today will not prevent you from doing that.

There are a few themes for the iPad3 so far. We have a themes section, so look in there. New ones are being released all the time, but only iPad3 themes will work propoerly on the iPad3.

Lastly, please have a good read of all our stickies and tutorials. There is a wealth of information in there answering many common questions.

Good luck with your decision!

OP
Goavs18

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think we should tell you whether to jailbreak or not. It's a perosnal choice and entirely up to you.

Sure, IOS6 is coming, but there is nothing stopping you from jailbreaking 5.1.1 today and installing 6.0 when it gets released to the public. I'm sure lots of folks will do that. Jailbreaking today will not prevent you from doing that.

There are a few themes for the iPad3 so far. We have a themes section, so look in there. New ones are being released all the time, but only iPad3 themes will work propoerly on the iPad3.

Lastly, please have a good read of all our stickies and tutorials. There is a wealth of information in there answering many common questions.

Good luck with your decision!

Yeah I have read almost all of the stickies and tutorials, I didnt expect anybody to talk me into it or not. But I think Im going to try my Iphone first and if I like it I might jailbreak my ipad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I have read almost all of the stickies and tutorials, I didnt expect anybody to talk me into it or not. But I think Im going to try my Iphone first and if I like it I might jailbreak my ipad.

Good for you! Don't forget we have a sister forum, iPhoneForums.net, if you have any specific phone queries, and we are always here if you decide to JB the IPad too! Good luck :)

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we are jailbroken, do we need to undo that before installing ios6?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Latest posts