What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking instructions?

sgalvan1971.sg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have the iPad 3 and I am, I guess you an say scared to jailbreak it. From what I understand I have to delete all of my current apps. Is that correct? Can someone please help me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I can assure you that you don't have to delete all your apps. What you are probably getting mixed up in is the advice to have a near-as-new iPad before starting the jailbreak with Absinthe (the jail break tool). So, most people make a backup of the iPad and then restore to iOS 5.1.1, which does take everything off the iPad. But, the backup is there for later re-install. But - I've read that some people do the jail break without restoring first, so there's that...

If you want to jail break that iPad3, see this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

It'll provide you step-by-step guidance on jail breaking using Absinthe 2.0. And, of course, we are always available to answer questions. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions