1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Jailbreaking instructions?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by sgalvan1971.sg, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sgalvan1971.sg

sgalvan1971.sg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,

I have the iPad 3 and I am, I guess you an say scared to jailbreak it. From what I understand I have to delete all of my current apps. Is that correct? Can someone please help me.
  2. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,667 / 0
    No, I can assure you that you don't have to delete all your apps. What you are probably getting mixed up in is the advice to have a near-as-new iPad before starting the jailbreak with Absinthe (the jail break tool). So, most people make a backup of the iPad and then restore to iOS 5.1.1, which does take everything off the iPad. But, the backup is there for later re-install. But - I've read that some people do the jail break without restoring first, so there's that...

If you want to jail break that iPad3, see this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

It'll provide you step-by-step guidance on jail breaking using Absinthe 2.0. And, of course, we are always available to answer questions. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn