What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking illegal?

hamza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if i jailbreak my device will it void my warranty?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe not the right place for this query on this forum, but simple answer: yes. The nice thing, though, is that the device can be restored prior to service and then - if I understood it correctly - re-JBed! 

And, no, from what I've gathered, it's not illegal to JB ones iPad! 

//Stefan

Last edited:
OP
H

hamza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:
Maybe not the right place for this query on this forum, but simple answer: yes. The nice thing, though, is that the device can be restored prior to service and then - if I understood it correctly - re-JBed! 

And, no, from what I've gathered, it's not illegal to JB ones iPad! 

//Stefan

Thnx buddy can u tell me is there anyway to downgrade ios 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 i've mistakenly upgraded now i cnt JB wht should i do.... Thnx again

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As hinted, this belongs in the iPad hacking section. There you'll find other queries similar to yours. This, for instance, might be helpful... 

//Stefan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hamza: I've moved your post over to the Hacking section of the forum.

As Coffeeboy (Stefan) said, there are plenty of topics and questions covering jail breaks. Take a look around, do a search or two, and you'll see that jail breaking is perfectly legal and, if you restore the iPad to stock - warranty's fine.

On your personal iPad, did you save SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3? If not, then no, there is no way to go back to that iOS version. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
H

hamza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No i forgot to save shsh blob can i use any other ipad's shsh

blob?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No i forgot to save shsh blob can i use any other ipad's shsh

blob?

No you cannot. Please read our FAQ here for all the information on SHSH Blobs - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions.html

Without blobs you cannot downgrade. No exceptions.

Can you confirm do you have iPad1 or iPad2?
If you have an iPad1 you can do a tethered jailbreak on 4.3.4 with redsn0w. See here for infroamtion on tethered jailbreaks - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html and here for a tutorial on redsn0w - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-redsn0w-windows.html

If you have an iPad2 your are out of luck. Sorry.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts