What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking downsides?

Rood Radish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the downsides to jailbreaking iPad on 4.2.1 using Greenpois0n?
I want to know about specifically performance speeds, battery life and bugs/crashing.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, there is none that I know of. Usually any downsides come from stuff you download from Cydia, not from the actual jailbreak.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I never put Winterboard on my phone or iPad, or too many visual hacks... I always see a noticeable drop in speed and responsiveness.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the downsides to jailbreaking iPad on 4.2.1 using Greenpois0n?
I want to know about specifically performance speeds, battery life and bugs/crashing.

There are none, only great benefits. Ste ur ipad free of constraints n jailbreak. U scared? Lol ;-) j/k

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the problems with hacking from Cydia if you don't mind my noob question. All my friends use Cydia and haven't complained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam In NYC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of the offered software is more alpha than you would expect, especially the free apps.

Most sold apps in the Cydia Store are otherwise very stable but when you add Winterboard and a few themes you see the device rebooting twice or even 3x. You will also see MobileSubstrate catching most crashes but it is very bothersome to see it rebooted awhile you were wearing it and it received a SMS or email event and that caused a crash.

Pick and choose what you like and then when you stop playing with it, reset your iPhone and install everything in a specific order. Jailbreak, install your important apps and check for stability. Then Winterboard and your themes and check for stability again. If nothing bad happens, count your lucky stars and hope your next update does not make your idevice sick.

Adam

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts