What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak

ddrowton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep seeing this WORD everywhere in relation to iPad....WHAT IS "jailbreak"

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Just go over to the 'iPad Hacking' sub-forum for more information than you may want to know! :thumbs:

OP
D

ddrowton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Just go over to the 'iPad Hacking' sub-forum for more information than you may want to know! :thumbs:

I have been there and the "language" is over my head. Meaning that, the thread assumes you already KNow what jailbreak is. Please tell me in very NOVICE terms. Is it an anti-virus program?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been there and the "language" is over my head. Meaning that, the thread assumes you already KNow what jailbreak is. Please tell me in very NOVICE terms. Is it an anti-virus program?

I'm not sure how we can make it too much simpler that the sticky thread in the hacking section for this purpose :) - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreaking-explained.html

If that is still too technical, then jailbreaking and hacking your device is probably not for you, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it :)

Last edited:
OP
D

ddrowton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I DID dig a little deeper and I think it is beyond what I need to do for now, being a "novice". I guess I had not gone to the beginning of the thread. Thanks for your help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are welcome. You now know where we are if you get curious in the future!

Most reactions

Latest posts