What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak

JoeBear1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As iFrog said, all the information is contained in our stickies - start here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Thank you for posting this link. This is my first post on this site. I am new to these forums. I have & am still using Android (hope saying those words don't get me kicked off of here, lol). My wife is a devoted iPhone user (just bought her the iPhone 6, not the 6 Plus) & I just bought my son an iPad 1st Gen., but a lot of the games he likes, aren't compatible with the version of iOS running on it. I plan on Jailbreaking it in hopes that I will be able to get the apps he wants. I just upgraded to the Galaxy Note 4 (already rooted within a few hours of unboxing it, lol). Anyways, I guess I said all that to ask for any direction to threads that will help ease me into the world of Jailbreaking. I'm a memeber of XDA-Developers, but I cannot find anything in there that is helpful. I clicked on the link you provided & will give it a good thorough reading. Thanks again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, jailbreaking the iPad 1 will not help you in getting apps to work on it. Developers move on and a lot of them are not developing/supporting games for iOS 5.1.1 any longer.

So, if a game/app says that it doesn't work on iOS 5.1.1, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

The thread you quoted does lead you to ways you can jailbreak the iPad 1, however. If you still have questions after that, please don't hesitate to ask.

Marilyn

JoeBear1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that answers that question, lol. Thank you for letting me know that. I may try to work my way up by selling the iPad 1st Gen. & work my way up. I will still continue read these threads & when I finally get the iPad I need for him to have the games he wants, I'll Jailbreak it so he can be happy using it. Thanks again & I won't hesitate to ask questions. Seems like everybody on here is courteous & helpful.

Most reactions