What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak woes on ipad1 ios5.01

desgho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I swear i did all the necessary tweaks on cydia. I swear i did all the searches on this forum.

1.I still cant get ibooks to work. Anybody with me on this?
2. Gpowerpro did not work either. Just for info.

Anybody can provide some insights on how to get ibook to work?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I swear i did all the necessary tweaks on cydia. I swear i did all the searches on this forum.

1.I still cant get ibooks to work. Anybody with me on this?
2. Gpowerpro did not work either. Just for info.

Anybody can provide some insights on how to get ibook to work?

There is no official fix for iBooks yet. It is being worked upon. The only ones available are via repos which promote piracy and for the avoidance of doubt members are NOT allowed to post those here. Anyone who does so will be disciplined in accordance with our rules.

I just tried GPowerPro on my phone and something is definitely up. I'll look into it a little more and see if I can find out what...

OP
D

desgho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no official fix for iBooks yet. It is being worked upon. The only ones available are via repos which promote piracy and for the avoidance of doubt members are NOT allowed to post those here. Anyone who does so will be disciplined in accordance with our rules.

I just tried GPowerPro on my phone and something is definitely up. I'll look into it a little more and see if I can find out what...

Thanks mod!i'll be waiting for ur update.

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strangely, i have no need for ibooks. plenty of free e-reader apps that supports multi-formats.

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been digging Stanza. Really nice interface and functionality, and I learned how to connect to Calibre on my PC, so the loss of iTunes sync capability isn't really a hardship. I may not go back even when there is an official fix, but then I haven't been trying to read EPUB files that are bought from iTunes and have DRM applied. For those folks, I don't know if an alternative exists.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard that the untethered redsnow jailbreak was supposed to fix ibooks. iBooks actually opens now without immediately crashing, but I get that message "There is a problem with your iPad..... restore with itunes", and your only option is to quit the app. :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that the untethered redsnow jailbreak was supposed to fix ibooks. iBooks actually opens now without immediately crashing, but I get that message "There is a problem with your iPad..... restore with itunes", and your only option is to quit the app. :(

No, its still quoted as a known problem which they are working on at the iPhone DevTeam Blog.

rheveena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can try going to cydia and downloading sbsettings and respring your ipad.it should work once you have done this.It worked for my ipod touch 4g on ios5.01

Most reactions

Latest posts