What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JailBreak Issues

francism1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I

I recently bought an App called Jailbreak, so I can set up iCab as my iPad browser. After buying the App I got sent the following email:

please use iPad firmware, which can be downloaded here:

Once your ipad has been restored please go back to members' area to continue with jailbreak. This should now work with your iPad.

This does not work. Can anyone give me clear guidance as to how to Jailbreak my iPad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I

I recently bought an App called Jailbreak, so I can set up iCab as my iPad browser. After buying the App I got sent the following email:

please use iPad firmware, which can be downloaded here:

Once your ipad has been restored please go back to members' area to continue with jailbreak. This should now work with your iPad.

This does not work. Can anyone give me clear guidance as to how to Jailbreak my iPad?

First of all, I am sorry to tell you that you got scammed. No legitimate jail break has to be paid for. That is why this "jailbreak" you bought doesn't work. It wasn't meant to - it was always meant to take your money.

There are several legitimate ways to jail break your iPad, but it all depends on what version of iPad you have (iPad 1, 2, or 3) and what firmware version it is running.

So, please, tell us what model of iPad you have and what firmware is installed. Then, if your iPad can be jail broken, we can point you in the right direction. Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. As you are talking about jail breaking your iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving this thread over to the Hacking section...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts