What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak Ipad 3 Advice ?

Dragonhert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ALL,

Just wanted to ask what are the main benefits of Jailbreaking my Ipad, ive done a Iphone and Apple TV before but im in 2 minds to do my Ipad 3 or not ?

I would like to have XMBC on it, does anyone know if this runs ok on a Ipad ?

Can anyone point me into the direction of a good APP so i can upload files and videos and pics if this is possible on a jailbreak ?

Thanks in advance for any help or info :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

The best advice I can give you is to look within this Hacking sub-forum and have a read of the threads here (grab a snack and a beverage first - there's a lot there! :)).

In particular, take a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

And this one (in which members have highlighted their favorite iPad installable tweaks): http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824

As one with a jail broken iPad, I can tell you that it's w-a-y worth it. :) But, everyone has to make up their own minds...

About XBMC - I'm pretty sure it works on a jail broken iPad. I don't use it, so I don't know for certain. I'm sure someone will be along to answer that.

Happy reading.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
XBMC does on the iPads 1 through 4. I haven't tried it out on the Mini but I think it should work. You can find XBMC from the direct XBMC repository below

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios

Uploading videos and photos would depend on where you're looking to upload them to.

OP
D

Dragonhert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for the info :) i just wanted to upload them to the ipad ? is that possible................

Also im running 6.1.3 i read in a guide its not possible to jailbreak this verion on the ipad :( is that true

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thx for the info :) i just wanted to upload them to the ipad ? is that possible................

Also im running 6.1.3 i read in a guide its not possible to jailbreak this verion on the ipad :( is that true

Thanks

Unfortunately, yes, it is true - iOS 6.1.3 is not jail breakable (and, most likely will never be ...). Sorry.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For uploading pictures and videos (especially in bulk), it's recommended that users do it via USB cable, as FTP (File Transfer Protocol) methods are fairly slow even on decent or great network connections as it does use Wifi all the way through. On a jailbroken level, iFile would be something to look into in terms of file transfer and manipulation. But as Marilyn already touched on, unfortunately 6.1.3 cannot be jailbroken on A5+ devices (such as the iPad 3), and will probably never be jailbreakable :/

Most reactions

Latest posts