What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak Ipad 2 vs iOS5b2 Advantages???

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Ipad2 with iOS5b2 on it.
What are the advantages/disadvantages of jailbroke iPad2 4.3.3 over 5?

Thanks,

Mel

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well currently, the 4.3.3 JB is untethered, which is a big plus for me over the 5. (In case you dont know, untethered means you are able to reboot the device with no hassle, tethered means if you want to reboot the device you have to be near a computer and run the jailbreak program again to start it up)

Also, i believe some, if not most, of the tweaks in Cydia may not be compatible with iOS 5 (again I'm speculating, I'm not positive if this is true).

I'd recommend sticking to the 4 unless tweaks you use are compatible with iOS 5, and if you don't reboot your device that often.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you shouldn't really be messing with a 5.x JB unless you are a JB app developer... Not much works yet...

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid your answer had nothing to do with my question. What are the Advantages of a Jailbroke iPad2 4.3.3 over a 5.0b2 Ipad2??

Of course Cydia is not compatable with iOS5. In fact it's not comatable with anything but a Jailbroke device.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice attitude. That's not how your original query reads at all. Good luck.

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you shouldn't really be messing with a 5.x JB unless you are a JB app developer... Not much works yet...

I'm a registered dev and am already running iOS5b2....and so far every app I use runs fine. No FC's etc...

Mel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if it's the difference between stock 5b2 and JB4.3.3, personally I would go for JB every time, but it totally depends on personal preference and usage. As you say, b2 is incredibly stable and I am amazed how many of my core apps are working flawlessly. However, I have a core set of tweaks which I find it difficult to live without. I am very lucky to have a ipad1 with 5b2 and a JB 4.3.3 iPad2 now. If I had to choose it would be jB for me. YMMV.

OP
metheridge

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, if it's the difference between stock 5b2 and JB4.3.3, personally I would go for JB every time, but it totally depends on personal preference and usage. As you say, b2 is incredibly stable and I am amazed how many of my core apps are working flawlessly. However, I have a core set of tweaks which I find it difficult to live without. I am very lucky to have a ipad1 with 5b2 and a JB 4.3.3 iPad2 now. If I had to choose it would be jB for me. YMMV.

Thanks...I'm going to downgrade (in fact doing that now) and try out the JB. I can always go back to the beta.

Mel

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wanna try out ios5b2, anyone wanna help me out, i could throw it on ipad 1.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
Now that i have 5 row keyboard, id never go back to stock

Also, most of ios 5 features were from jailbreak apps. For example, wifi sync, the new notification system, and others that i dont remember right now.

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kudos to JB IPad 2! My thoughts exactly! So far with all the tweaks and features, nothing is better than what we currently have right now. Even if iOS5 was final with JB being successful, does not constitute an immediate change!

Welcome to all who are currently on 4.3.3 JB'roken IPad 2!

Most reactions

Latest posts