What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak ios 6.0.1

kev77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I am a complete novice so please bear with me. I have a new ipad and have used it for a couple of months. It is on ios 6.0.1 I want to jailbreak it using evasion. I want to wipe it clean before jailbreaking it. I have backed it up to itunes with my laptop. My question is that if I go into "erase all content and data" when the ipad restarts, will it upgrade my ios firmware? Thanks all help will be appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is no - erasing all contents and settings will NOT upgrade your iPad. You will still be on the same iOS.

Marilyn

Supercepot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My advise is to keep your ipad out of jailbreak unless you've got some experience friends who will be able to help you in case of trouble. I was using ios 6.1.2 and jailbroken my ipad using untethered evasi0n until i hard reset it and it became bricked. I had iStore (the authorized dealer) low level formatted my ipad (cost me around US$ 15) and it's now installed with ios 6.1.3, which is currently impossible to be jailbroken.

Most reactions

Latest posts