1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

jailbreak ios 6.0.1

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by kev77, May 12, 2013.

1. kev77

kev77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all I am a complete novice so please bear with me. I have a new ipad and have used it for a couple of months. It is on ios 6.0.1 I want to jailbreak it using evasion. I want to wipe it clean before jailbreaking it. I have backed it up to itunes with my laptop. My question is that if I go into "erase all content and data" when the ipad restarts, will it upgrade my ios firmware? Thanks all help will be appreciated.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 0
    My understanding is no - erasing all contents and settings will NOT upgrade your iPad. You will still be on the same iOS.

Marilyn
  3. kev77

kev77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks appreciated
  4. Supercepot

Supercepot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My advise is to keep your ipad out of jailbreak unless you've got some experience friends who will be able to help you in case of trouble. I was using ios 6.1.2 and jailbroken my ipad using untethered evasi0n until i hard reset it and it became bricked. I had iStore (the authorized dealer) low level formatted my ipad (cost me around US$ 15) and it's now installed with ios 6.1.3, which is currently impossible to be jailbroken.