What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak help!

T

tlatoaoni

I just recently jail broke my iPad 3 using the new Absinthe, and it was all going fine. However i turned off my iPad over night, when i woke up and tried turning it on, it wouldn't do anything apart from show the apple logo. I tried using Ifunbox to browse my device, but it wasn't recognized, neither was it recognized by iTunes. Could somebody help me out not really sure what to do at this point.

P.S I believe i tried putting it into DFU mode and safety mode, and neither worked just btw.

Thanks to anyone in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say you tried putting it into "safety mode", did you try getting into safe mode correctly?

reset the iPad by holding both home and power for 8 seconds.

As soon as the iPad resets and the Apple logo appears, hold the VOLUME UP key until it boots. This boots into safe mode with no jailbreak elements running at all. You can then open Cydia and remove things you have recently put on there, which are likely causing the problem.

If you are sure you followed this process exactly and the Apple logo never clears (wait at LEAST 3 minutes!), then you will have to restore. Follow our failsafe method here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

OP
T

tlatoaoni

Lol, yes safe mode. Anyways, now that you got your confidence boost for the day, thanks for your incredibly rude answer.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, yes safe mode. Anyways, now that you got your confidence boost for the day, thanks for your incredibly rude answer.

Incredibly Rude? Really? Not sure my confidence or ego needs a boost. As a member of staff here, I tried to give you some information which may have helped. You didn't exactly give me much confidence you knew what you were doing.
Best of luck trying to fix your problem then...

Last edited:
OP
T

tlatoaoni

Right, didn't mean to make a big deal about it, just saying its not very nice, I mean you got what i meant. So, was there really a need to quote what i said, and you go on further to explain things in CAPS. Which I think you'll agree is pretty condescending. However I did not fail to thank you, and still am thankful since you made me realize my mistake. Just a heads up i guess, no need to be so mean just because you know the proper terms.

Thanks Again
Have a nice day

[Moderator edit: Cleaned up language of post. Please read our rules (especially rules 1, 3, and all of rule 10). Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts