What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak help...

droid418

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need your help just a little... before it turns into an awful lot!

So... I have this iOS 4.2.1. IPAD and want to jailbreak it(or other solution) I tried first to use redsn0w_win_0.9.64 and then iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore .ipsw . I actually never made it to the iPad Restore since it stated that I first needed to delete iTunes 10 and download I-Tunes 9.1.2 only to find that this does not work with iOS 4.

No luck.... I end up getting a different error.

I am now trying now theiloop.com reference.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Need your help just a little... before it turns into an awful lot!

So... I have this iOS 4.2.1. IPAD and want to jailbreak it(or other solution) I tried first to use redsn0w_win_0.9.64 and then iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore .ipsw . I actually never made it to the iPad Restore since it stated that I first needed to delete iTunes 10 and download I-Tunes 9.1.2 only to find that this does not work with iOS 4.

No luck.... I end up getting a different error.

I am now trying now theiloop.com reference.

Some older jailbreaks required you to use specific versions of 9.x iTunes, but redsn0w for 4.2.1 works best (only?) on the latest 10.x iTunes, so just reinstall 10.1.1 and you should be fine!
I have no idea why the instructions you were following would suggest 9.1.2!

Most reactions

Latest posts