What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak for iPad 2 (4.3.5)

JCop711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 by accident unaware that you could no longer restore it. So I never even heard of Tiny Umbrella until after I did it. So I never saved any blobs. So really I'm just wondering if anyone knows when a jailbreak will be available for people on 4.3.5 firmware for iPad 2.

PSUMATT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath. Not coming any time soon. I don't think there will be anything before ios5 comes out. Sorry, I am sure that isn't what you want to hear. Just my opinion.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think most people would agree with the previous poster - there's really little incentive to work on a JB for iOS4.3.5. However, a JB for iOS 5 is going to be a real challenge because Apple have made significant changes that will make jail breaking very much more difficult.

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would not rule out automatic over the air updates in iOS 5 with no option to opt out either. The ability to send small, incremental updates OTA without warning will be very attractive to patch any security hole in the future.

The fact that Apple does not do blind updates today is much more related to the size of a full OS update than it is to giving you any sense of control.

Jobs thinks of the iPad as an appliance where he controls what it can do, not a general purpose computer that you control.

- t

jkmbaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were jailbroken already then your shsh bob was saved for you. Cydia now save them.

placebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get back to the original question: there IS a way to downgrade your iPad 2 running OS 4.3.5. But apparently only if you've got the Wi-Fi version. Check out this link here if you're lucky and don't have a SIM card slot in your iPad 2.

[Moderator edit: Removed [old] link to external website...]

Now be that as it may, I'd still like to know what would happen to a 3G model if you'd try to use this method? Would it refuse to downgrade entierly or would you just loose your 3G connectivity? Anyone who knows what they're talking about have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

placebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were jailbroken already then your shsh bob was saved for you. Cydia now save them.
Does the shsh blob do you any good though? I mean can you still use it seeing as it's a pain downgrading (and may be impossible for 3G iPad 2s)?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get back to the original question: there IS a way to downgrade your iPad 2 running OS 4.3.5. But apparently only if you've got the Wi-Fi version. Check out this link here if you're lucky and don't have a SIM card slot in your iPad 2.

[Link deleted]

Now be that as it may, I'd still like to know what would happen to a 3G model if you'd try to use this method? Would it refuse to downgrade entierly or would you just loose your 3G connectivity? Anyone who knows what they're talking about have any ideas?

There has been a way to downgrade both the iPad2 WiFi only and the iPad2 with 3G for weeks now. This downgrade is possible if you are on iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5. See this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

---BUT---

You must - repeat, MUST! - have saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. If you have not saved those blobs, you cannot downgrade to iOS 4.3.3.

I've removed the link to the above as these links (and downgrade/jail breaking tutorials) are readily available in this Hacking section

There are reasons why it requires a forum member to have four posts before being able to post links...

..it prevents them from posting old news containing old links from external web sites. Please read the rules about posting external links!

Marilyn

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jail Breaking 4.3.5 - See video

Seems very very complicated though

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external tutorial...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
People, please!

We have tutorials on how to jail break all iOS versions of iPad1 and iPad2. Please do NOT post links to other web sites explaining how to jail break the iPad.

If you wish to follow other site direction, that is your choice. However, please don't post those links here.

Thanks.

Marilyn

vo0oZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, wanna ask is there any Chance for an ipad2 gsm 4.3.5 user that didn't jailbreak or have an shah blob saved, to jailbreak using any method I am also willing to sacrifice some of iPad features if it takes.
Or at least tell me if a solution is gonna come out soon?

placebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There has been a way to downgrade both the iPad2 WiFi only and the iPad2 with 3G for weeks now. This downgrade is possible if you are on iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5. See this tutorial: [see above :D]

---BUT---

You must - repeat, MUST! - have saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. If you have not saved those blobs, you cannot downgrade to iOS 4.3.3.

I've removed the link to the above as these links (and downgrade/jail breaking tutorials) are readily available in this Hacking section

There are reasons why it requires a forum member to have four posts before being able to post links...

..it prevents them from posting old news containing old links from external web sites. Please read the rules about posting external links!

Marilyn

Marilyn or Mickey330 - whichever you prefere, mea culpa won't happen again. I confess, I didn't read any info on the forum, uncle Google pointed out this specific thread to me. I shall repent. ;)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, wanna ask is there any Chance for an ipad2 gsm 4.3.5 user that didn't jailbreak or have an shah blob saved, to jailbreak using any method I am also willing to sacrifice some of iPad features if it takes.
Or at least tell me if a solution is gonna come out soon?

Sorry, but no. There's no way to use iOS 4.3.3 to jailbreak your iPad if you've not saved SHSH blobs for that version. None.

As far as a solution, IMNSHO, the jail break for iOS 4.3.3 is probably the last one we'll see for iOS 4.x. With iOS 5 right around the corner, I am sure attention is more focused on that.

You're better off waiting/hoping/doing whatever you do to keep hope alive - that "they" are able to work their magic on iOS 5 for the iPad2.

Marilyn

theshape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrrgh, unsuccessful, trying to downgrade with saved shsh on imac, it pulls up to where file is stored, but is shaded out not letting me select to downgrade!

Most reactions

Latest posts