What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 8.4 Mac version?

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any rumours about a Mac version 8.4 Jailbreak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's currently no word on when we can expect a Mac version of the iOS 8.4 jailbreak. If you don't have a Windows computer, have you considered running a dual boot of OSX and Windows on your Mac?

OP
zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have considered the dual boot thingy. Where would I get a window to install?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have considered the dual boot thingy. Where would I get a window to install?
Apple sells the Parallels software to run Windows in a virtual machine on your Mac. This should allow you to use the Taig jailbreak for iOS 8.4.

OP
zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read about someone else porting the TaiG jailbreak to Mac. They are called PP something or other. Of course TaiG is not happy about this. They are saying PP stole their code. My response to that is PP is merely filling a void left by TaiG.
Does anybody have any experience with this tool by PP?

OP
zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. So I used the PP jailbreak on my phone. I found that I had to restore my phone to a new phone with nothing on it. Jailbreak then restore the backup last. It was a bumpy road but I got there.

Most reactions