What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak 4.3.1

lelkes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I´m looking for working jailbreak to iPad 1G 4.3.1. It doesn´t matter if it´s tethered or untethered.

Thanks in advance – any answer will be appreciated
//Peter from Sweden, Europe

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done one today!!!

Google for "redsnow jailbreak 4.3.1"... Mine was on Russian so no use on link.. It's tethered, and you bring it up by going into DFU and using tethered boot_win..

What I really want to know is if this ib is possible with snow breeze?

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done one today!!!

Google for "redsnow jailbreak 4.3.1"... Mine was on Russian so no use on link.. It's tethered, and you bring it up by going into DFU and using tethered boot_win..

The snowbreeze jailbreak is available for 4.3.1 - keep in mind its tethered and in beta - the Dev Team is beta testing the untethered JB!

Bodean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done one today!!!

The snowbreeze jailbreak is available for 4.3.1 - keep in mind its tethered and in beta - the Dev Team is beta testing the untethered JB!

Do you have a website or twitter to follow snowbreeze progress?

Bodean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
Is there a way to back up data/saved games prior to updating the JB? Last time I jailbroke, lost all my save games.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bodean said:
Thanks
Is there a way to back up data/saved games prior to updating the JB? Last time I jailbroke, lost all my save games.

There is a Cydia app that let's you save you jailbreak apps for easy install on new jail brake. Not exactly sure if it saves all the data also, like from a saved point in a game. Can't remember the name of the app but it's there. I need to find that also, so if I do before u get the exact name of it, I'll post back with info ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

archunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in much need of help

trying to jailbreak my ipad im working with 4.3.1. i have snowbreeze 2.4b1 but i dont know how to use it. someone please help.:confused:

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
There is a Cydia app that let's you save you jailbreak apps for easy install on new jail brake. Not exactly sure if it saves all the data also, like from a saved point in a game. Can't remember the name of the app but it's there. I need to find that also, so if I do before u get the exact name of it, I'll post back with info ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Anyone know the name of this cydia app? Sounds very useful!

Sent from my ipatch using IPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Russells iPad said:
Anyone know the name of this cydia app? Sounds very useful!

PkgBackup - paid app. Worth its weight in gold so please dont pirate it people!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
PkgBackup - paid app. Worth its weight in gold so please dont pirate it people!

Does this work on 4.2.1?

Sent From IPF app,on a Jailbroken Device...need I say more ;-)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Does this work on 4.2.1?

Sent From IPF app,on a Jailbroken Device...need I say more ;-)

Sure does. The dev works hard to ensure broad compatibility across versions. There were a few issues on 4.3.1, but these were tracked down to being a problem with iBooty (the tethered rebooter for sn0wbreeze), not pkgbackup. So using it now we should be good to go from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 later tonight and do a quick restore of packages.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Sure does. The dev works hard to ensure broad compatibility across versions. There were a few issues on 4.3.1, but these were tracked down to being a problem with iBooty (the tethered rebooter for sn0wbreeze), not pkgbackup. So using it now we should be good to go from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 later tonight and do a quick restore of packages.

Let's say I've already bcked up files using that app, once I upgrade iOS and jailbreak again, how would I go about doing the quick restore of packages? It's not like when u jailbreak, that app comes back with it. Would I have to reinstall that app and it'll recognize the bcked up packages, enabling me to restore the?

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Let's say I've already bcked up files using that app, once I upgrade iOS and jailbreak again, how would I go about doing the quick restore of packages? It's not like when u jailbreak, that app comes back with it. Would I have to reinstall that app and it'll recognize the bcked up packages, enabling me to restore the?

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

Beat me too the question!

Most reactions

Latest posts