What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail break or not yes or no ...........

Marlus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a discussion on jail breaking ,nice to hear other peoples thoughts on for and against .

Attachments

• image-2248889926.jpg
    image-2248889926.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 279

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If there is something you need, or really want, that requires jailbreaking, do it. But only after you've researched how to undo it if need be.

If you don't need it, don't.

The exception is the incorrigible tinkerer. Though I suppose you could call this mild mental disorder a need. ;)

Reaction score
Jb opens up security holes, as the Cydia apps are no longer checked by Apple, this is especially true for cracked apps. But I guess this is the case for all operating systems.

The only reason I use jb is, because the iPad is currently my only internet connection; so I need MyWi for tethering. But I will go back to the official firmware as soon as either the BT engineer gets his lazy ass over here and sets up broadband, or Apple releases 4.3 with personal hotspot functionality. Bottom-line is, I feel safer without jb.

Most reactions