What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacqueline Kennedy The Enhanced Edition

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This "book" takes full advantage of your iPad as it offers you the just released audio tapes made by Jacqueline Kennedy four months after President Kennedy's assassination.

Strategically placed throughout the full transcript of the tapes are photos and newsreel video that can be tapped to be enlarged and played at will.

I'm only 1/4 of the way through it, but the combination of material and the iPad's contribution to its presentation is so fascinating and enjoyable, I had to post about it.

Available now on iTunes @ $19.99.

OP
D

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah! LOL.. I've just come from that thread where I posted the following reply: (Apologies to everyone for the duplication)

Hi, Dee.

I am enjoying the Jacqueline Kennedy book very much. I think whether one will enjoy it is entirely subjective however. I like history in general, am a baby boomer and was in kindergarten when Kennedy was killed. That event is one of my first really vivid "social" memories.

I think how one chooses to "use" the book may differ, as well. I like listening and following along via the printed transcript, but one could simply listen to the tapes which are primarily Schlesinger posing questions and Jackie responding.

The tapes are broken into sections by chapter, which is convenient to interacting with the videos that are positioned at the beginning of each chapter.

Listening to her speak, so far, has been like a form of time travel. She is speaking from a different version of our world, entirely. It was pre-women's movement, pre-civil rights movement, etc., etc., and so I am fascinated to hear her observations and comments.

My understanding is that iPad users are getting first shot at this material. Everyone else (Kindle users, etc.) are having to pre-order for their copies which won't be released until January.

Most reactions

Latest posts