What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Reacher Fans

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Read this week that author Lee Child's "Jack Reacher" franchise is going Hollywood. I'm a little disappointed that Tom Cruise has been cast to play Reacher. Physically he doesn't add up to the character I've created in my mind from reading the stories. Then again I felt the same way about Matt Damon playing Jason Bourne, but he pulled it off. I'm eager to see how the Reacher story plays on the big screen.

AA

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree on Cruise as JR. Doesn't fit my mental image. He's a little guy, not sure how he'll pull off the character.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've read (and enjoyed!) all the Reacher novels. And yes, it will be interesting to see Tom Cruise as Reacher. That is, if I decide to go to see the movie.

I always have a hard time with the way Hollywood interprets any of my favorite characters/books. So, nothing against Tom Cruise - it's all against Hollywood! :D

Marilyn

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom Cruise? Jack Reacher?! What idiot did that casting!? Why not just stick Shia La Bouf or Steve Carroll into the role.... *rolls eyes*

Sorry to disagree but I don't think Cruise is an "amazing actor", he's okay, and he's been lucky to have been high profile enough to draw big box office hits, but has had very little success in more 'serious' acting. Eyes Wide Shut is an attempt that springs to mind, and that was an atrocious film.

I'm thinking more Gerald Butler-esqu (although i think he is a little hit and miss).. Even Pitt would make a better choice, but I think he'd have to try and be a little less pretty!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hugh Jackman would be a fine choice. He's got the physique and talent. Jeffrey Dean Morgan's another. If Vigo Mortensen bulked up a little more he'd work too. Mortensen has an intensity about him and an unpredictable style. Both are Reacher traits I like.

AA

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tom cruise is a jockey.
Now Hugh Jackman on the other hand can put his slippers under my bed any day!!!

Most reactions