1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Jack Reacher Fans

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AdmiralAdama, Jan 8, 2012.

1. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +596 / 0
    Read this week that author Lee Child's "Jack Reacher" franchise is going Hollywood. I'm a little disappointed that Tom Cruise has been cast to play Reacher. Physically he doesn't add up to the character I've created in my mind from reading the stories. Then again I felt the same way about Matt Damon playing Jason Bourne, but he pulled it off. I'm eager to see how the Reacher story plays on the big screen.

AA
  2. mk4

mk4 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Agree on Cruise as JR. Doesn't fit my mental image. He's a little guy, not sure how he'll pull off the character.
  3. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Maybe not as you picture him, but everything that Tom Cruise does, he nails it!! Awesome actor who's parts are totally believable, thanks to his amazing acting skills. Can't wait for this one
  4. AdmiralAdama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +596 / 0
    Finally got around to cracking "The Affair" Child's latest Reacher yarn. As usual our hero hits the ground running. Takes the reader to the turning point that put Reacher on the road.

AA
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,666 / 0
    I've read (and enjoyed!) all the Reacher novels. And yes, it will be interesting to see Tom Cruise as Reacher. That is, if I decide to go to see the movie.

I always have a hard time with the way Hollywood interprets any of my favorite characters/books. So, nothing against Tom Cruise - it's all against Hollywood! :D

Marilyn
  6. Prasius

Prasius iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Tom Cruise? Jack Reacher?! What idiot did that casting!? Why not just stick Shia La Bouf or Steve Carroll into the role.... *rolls eyes*

Sorry to disagree but I don't think Cruise is an "amazing actor", he's okay, and he's been lucky to have been high profile enough to draw big box office hits, but has had very little success in more 'serious' acting. Eyes Wide Shut is an attempt that springs to mind, and that was an atrocious film.

I'm thinking more Gerald Butler-esqu (although i think he is a little hit and miss).. Even Pitt would make a better choice, but I think he'd have to try and be a little less pretty!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  7. AdmiralAdama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +596 / 0
    Hugh Jackman would be a fine choice. He's got the physique and talent. Jeffrey Dean Morgan's another. If Vigo Mortensen bulked up a little more he'd work too. Mortensen has an intensity about him and an unpredictable style. Both are Reacher traits I like.

AA
  8. 55julie55

55julie55 iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Tom cruise is a jockey.
    Now Hugh Jackman on the other hand can put his slippers under my bed any day!!!