What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J.Jackson Jr. Says Ipad are the cause of job decline!

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gray_mouse said:
The cause of all world troubles are secret societies which control banking industry and create crisis in order to gain profit.

Hollywood is part of them. Jacksons are part of them. Messengers of death.

Saying iPads are the cause of job decline is like saying fires in WTC 1, 2, and 7 caused building collapse. Nonsense.

Job loss is caused by outsourcing jobs overseas, primarily China, and by irresponsible printing of money.

Next time you go out shopping, make a note of crap you buy and where its made.

You made your troll way too obvious way too early.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right so was the case with:
Computers eliminating the Type writer machines.
Computers eliminating lots of account managers doing calculations by hand /
and the list goes on and on...

One thing is sure. The MUSIC, Book, Movies, newspaper is going to die within 5 years

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, actually, this argument isn't just limited to iPads. It includes any of the electronic reading devices. Kindles. Any of them. Even the Kindle reader on one's PC.
And personally, three Borders near me have or are in the process of closing. I have enjoyed them for years. I own an iPad and buy books electronically, but I also still buy print books and I also buy cafe drinks at bookstores too, so I am still a purchaser of goods in some manner. All the Barnes & Nobles by me are open, so I don't know what that says. And they sell their own e-reader. I have a B&N membership and buy coffee drinks there too. and print books there too.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing is sure. The MUSIC, Book, Movies, newspaper is going to die within 5 years

I do not think movies, books, magazines, and newspapers will completely disappear within 5 years. The net will be increasingly utilized for content delivery to be sure, but the net will not completely eliminate them.

The question I have is this: when you consider how easy it is to illegally share or DL content, do you think this represents a big stumbling block to completely eliminating traditional delivery methods? Lots of hate towards many DRM methods because they reduce the ability to distribute some content illegally.

Well, until it is released and hacked by clever people.

I know that newspapers are still struggling to find out ways to monetize their online efforts.

Computers are getting faster and cheaper so it will eventually become easier to DL large files.

Here is a 75 year old woman with a 40 Gb/s connection. Apparently, she can download a complete high definition DVD in about one second. Not ready for prime time, but clearly, not that far out.

75-year-old has world's fastest private internet connection ? The Register

Imagine being able to DL 50 DVDs in a few minutes or perhaps the entire Stones, Beatles, and Justin Bieber catalogs in 30 seconds. One must conclude that IP owners would be very concerned if/when it becomes so effortless to DL vast media collections.

I see changes not total elimination.

Bob

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And personally, three Borders near me have or are in the process of closing. I have enjoyed them for years. I own an iPad and buy books electronically, but I also still buy print books and I also buy cafe drinks at bookstores too, so I am still a purchaser of goods in some manner. All the Barnes & Nobles by me are open, so I don't know what that says. And they sell their own e-reader. I have a B&N membership and buy coffee drinks there too. and print books there too.

I can tell you that the battles between those that think we should preserve the local bookstore and hate Amazon (and other online book sellers) and those that love buying books online and think the bookstore's time has passed is amazingly hateful. The Apple/PC battles are nothing in comparison.

I know that my favorite bookstore is a pain to get to and it is more costly to shop there than to go online. They buy rare books, but I get a better price selling it online. We have a wonderful rare book dealer in Salt Lake, but he pays very little compared to what I can get online.

Mr. Jackson's comments were not well considered because they fail to consider history and how technology affects us all in some way or another.

I recall the giant machine we invented to manufacture PCMCIA modems and NIC Cards. It took PC Boards from the SMT ovens, routed the boards, put the parts together, added frames, and the top/bottom covers. The modems went into an oven to heat the adhesive and a cold chamber to set the glue.

We called it the rework machine because that is what it produced. So we stopped using most sections of the machine and hired new people to do the machine's job.

Even though we tried to replace as many workers as possible through clever technology, the bottom line was, we hired more people because volume increased and some jobs cant be done by machine.

Bob

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you Bob. It also depends on locale! Not everyone can also GET to a bookstore!! I happen to live in a suburban area where I have plenty. Not everyone does. Even so, I still find that I like having both options available to me. And you are dead on that technology across the board has affected all of us. Even in the grocery stores there are self check out aisles now in some of the stores for example.

Reaction score
They complain we use too much paper for our information and entertainment then complain when we stop using paper because of what we replaced paper with.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Politicians are like actors. Nobody notices them if they do not create controversy. One look at Donald Trump, and you know he is a fruitcake, and then he proves it when he opens his mouth. And yet he wants to be president.

The only pity is when you wonder about how they get elected. In most cases, remarks like this are attempts to sideline issues that have real meaning, but are not interesting, or are going the wrong political direction. Politicians have learn lots of skills. They can play a role like a Hollywood star, lie or bedazzle like a criminal lawyer, do slight of hand like a magician, and pick your pocket all at the same time.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Politicians are like actors. Nobody notices them if they do not create controversy. One look at Donald Trump, and you know he is a fruitcake, and then he proves it when he opens his mouth. And yet he wants to be president.

The only pity is when you wonder about how they get elected. In most cases, remarks like this are attempts to sideline issues that have real meaning, but are not interesting, or are going the wrong political direction. Politicians have learn lots of skills. They can play a role like a Hollywood star, lie or bedazzle like a criminal lawyer, do slight of hand like a magician, and pick your pocket all at the same time.

Not necessarily disagreeing woth you, but care to share some of his comments? What makes him a fruitcake exactly?

Bob

Reaction score
2 words: birth certificate.
Though I agree with Trump on a lot if the things he is saying one difference between he and the regular politician is that he isn't trying to hide that he is an ego maniac. "I write great books, I can stop OPEC and China from screwing us, I can...." . He is clueless and has deranged thinking if he thinks, and I believe he does , he can single handedly fix these issues because he has a real estate empire and a hit TV show.
Our current president ran, imo, for the same reason Trump is considering running for, his ego. Fool me once shame on you . Fool me twice, shame on me.

Support Our Troops!!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2 words: birth certificate.
Though I agree with Trump on a lot if the things he is saying one difference between he and the regular politician is that he isn't trying to hide that he is an ego maniac. "I write great books, I can stop OPEC and China from screwing us, I can...." . He is clueless and has deranged thinking if he thinks, and I believe he does , he can single handedly fix these issues because he has a real estate empire and a hit TV show.
Our current president ran, imo, for the same reason Trump is considering running for, his ego. Fool me once shame on you . Fool me twice, shame on me.

Support Our Troops!!

The birth issue will follow Obama until he is gone. Trump is asking a question (he thinks) millions are also asking. One could argue that Obama could make this go away if he offered his BC and some people are asking if he refuses to do so, what is he hiding and the conspiracy folks grow stronger.

I write great (technical) books. I can deal with OPEC and lessen their impact. Allowing drilling for crude in this country, for example. If a reasonable man or woman were president and followed the Constitution and the law of the land, he or she would be a far better president than Mr. Obama.

I am still unconvinced that Trump is the worse possible choice, however. He is certainly more qualified than the man we currently have.

Most reactions