What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iWorks apps getting Open In

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From the scuttlebutt I'm seeing on Twitter it looks like the iWorks apps (updated for iOS 6) have Open In, the ability to open a document in another (compatible) app.

Nice.

I'm still waiting for my apps to update; all 17 of them.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Finished my app updates.

Open In... for iWorks is confirmed. I used it to copy a Pages document to DropBox. It's not as good a syncing, but you can now copy an iWorks document (iWorks, PDF, or doc) to other compatible apps.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
twerppoet said:
Finished my app updates.

Open In... for iWorks is confirmed. I used it to copy a Pages document to DropBox. It's not as good a syncing, but you can now copy an iWorks document (iWorks, PDF, or doc) to other compatible apps.

tp do you see iOS 6 as more finesse and refinement than evolution?

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some of it is refinement, some of it is evolution. I don't see any revolutions here, not for the iPad anyway.

The iWorks apps are refinement. Siri is evolution; with the addition of new databases and tricks she's, smarter. Maps is a step back so that Apple can go forward. They can't compete and win against Google if Google owns all the balls.

Hold in mind Apple has never been about revolution/change for the sake of itself. They have ideals, goals for their products. The closer they get to those goals the less radical each change will be. At some point it will be nothing but adding new obvious features and spit & polish. Eventually, as technology and culture allow, they may make another radical change to the phone market.

That's been their pattern for most other products. Something really new, REFINE, Refine, refine, then something new when it makes sense (or just a smidgen before it makes sense).

Until Apple has a solid reason to completely redesign iOS or the hardware, they won't. It will just get better, in a way that bores tech geeks but keeps people buying the product.

BTW, you can apparently create ringtones using Garage Band. Haven't checked it out yet, but sounds like hours of time killing fun. :)

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another nice addition iWorks apps. Open as copy from iCloud.

image-1208407245.jpg

This will make it easier to manage templates.

Most reactions

Latest posts