What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iWork

lukester1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I really need to be able to edit excel, powerpoint and word documents from my ipad. I have two questions:

1) is iWork good enough to do this properly? Would I be able to, for example, put a powerpoint together from a template quite easily which I could then transfer to my school account via e-mail (I'm a teacher)?
2) can you buy iWork as a complete package for under £21?? I can only find the three separate apps for £7 each and it seems daft not to sell them together.
3) are there any compatibility issues between iWork and MS Office or could I use them totally interchangeably?

DigiCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also a teacher and have hated carrying the thumb drive to and from work and/or emailing docs to myself. I have the iPad4 and I have been using the Pages application. I got it in the App Store. Can't remember how much I paid, but it wasn't horrible. I use Publisher quite bit for work, and I couldn't find any other app that would let me create documents as well as edit them (and I didn't wan't to pay for three different apps, if I could find one to do the trick). I'll have to check out iWork. It's new to me. Someone somewhere recommended the Pages app and I've been very pleased. I still email docs to myself (ones that are already created). Now I can also created docs from scratch and print them right from my iPad. Also, I'm not much of an Excel user (I have to get over that) so I can't really speak to its usefulness there, but you could look it up in the App Store and see what you think. Pages has PowerPoint too.

OP
L

lukester1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iWork is just pages, numbers and the powerpoint equivalent, isnt it?

I dont understand your post though - isn't pages just a word processor??

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iWork is just pages, numbers and the powerpoint equivalent, isnt it?

I dont understand your post though - isn't pages just a word processor??

Yes, Pages, Numbers and Keynote. I have all three and they make a very nice combination for office work. They're also supposed to be compatible with Microsoft Office formats.

Frawick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, so much to learn.

Pages isa word processor APP.
Numbers is a spreadsheet, and
keynote is a presentation APP,
all by Apple.
Quick office is an APP that works pretty well with ms Word, excell and PowerPoint formats.
Suggest that you go to the APP Store and read about all Business APPS that are available.

OP
L

lukester1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the previous poster was wrong, it's not just pages I need, but Pages, Numbers and Keynote? In which case I return to my previous question - is there no way to buy iWork as one complete package or do I have to purchase all 3?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lukester1986 said:
So the previous poster was wrong, it's not just pages I need, but Pages, Numbers and Keynote? In which case I return to my previous question - is there no way to buy iWork as one complete package or do I have to purchase all 3?

iWork as a group of programmes is only available for OSX, to get the Apps on iOS you need to buy each app individually.

The Archangel

DigiCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Pages is the documents app, Keynote is the Presentation App and Numbers, the spreadsheet app. I appologize. That being said, the interface with MS Office is great. I'll probably purchase the other two eventually.

DiddyMarks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried Google Drive app? As i know, you can make changes in stored documents now...

Most reactions

Latest posts