What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iWork Acronyms

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have written a very long (18 Chapter, 10,000s of pages) Reference book, each chapter is a standalone presentation created in Keynote but all in the same folder.

I would like to create an acronym presentation (standalone) in the same folder that could link to a search function throughout all 18 chapters - maybe even a complete word search throughout each of the folders.

Now in the dim and distant past (MS) I seem to remember hyperlinking everything so I guess we can do that in iWork? Or even better some suggestions, links anything that will get me started. I start with my 18 chapters and a blank acronyms folder - I am not ever sure if I should create it in numbers, pages or keynote!

many thanks in anticipation.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not link outside of a Keynote presentation, only to other slides in the same presentation. Nor can you link from one iWorks app into another.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ouch! Thx TP but does that mean each chapter (presentation) has to have its own acronym section embedded within each chapter? Worse still does it mean I can't embed say a file from either numbers or pages into keynote! Or am I just being a dummy?

Because if you can't that's a serious flaw in iWork's.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. That's pretty much what it means.

You can copy/paste things like tables and text from the other iWorks apps, but it's not a link. You're making a copy of the contents. Also, you won't have the spreadsheet functionality of the tables when you paste them over. They become simple display tables.

Is this a extension to the training/simulator/manual Keynotes you were already making? If not, and it's mostly about text and images, then I think you would find iBooks Author the better tool.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is, but I am not sure I have shown any of the new stuff to you - basically I have turned the entire Pilots Training manual into a presentation. Each chapter is a standalone and you simply open the chapter you want and press play. It's embedded with thousands of pictures, vids and I'm really pleased with it, as are the manufacturers but I just like to make it as good as I possibly can. I have just downloaded iBooks Author and I do like that, maybe for the next idea I have.

Basically the whole shebang will be an app I'll send you a link to the promo.

As always many thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts