What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iwidget ios5?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I couldn't post in the theme section, don't know why. Anyway, is the iwidget works for the ipad1 5.1.1? If not, is there any springboard widget that I can use? thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything that says iWidgets does or does not work with the iPad1.

So, my suggestion is to write to the developer and ask him/her. Or - just install it and see if it works.

Sorry to not be of better help.

Marilyn

P.S. And you couldn't post this question in the Themes section because that is where people show off the themes they've installed on their iPad...

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I installed iwidget, it works but the widget aren't any bigger, but it's ok. I see what you mean about the theme section, I couldn't post but I can reply. You've helped me a lot already and I really appreciate it.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iWidgets should support iOS 5 from what I recall since the release date for it was around the time Absinthe 2.0 was released if I'm not mistaken. They've implemented iPad support, but since iWidgets has come a long way, some of the code that's now arbitrary to iOS 6/7 may have been done away with so you might not get the full/perfect functionality on iOS 5

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah the widget look very small on iPad, otherwise they function just fine. I'm very careful in installing any cydia apps. Some apps will say its not compatible wi the device, but a lot of them don't specify and it's a risk installing them. For ex, I purchased pkgbackup couple of years back, now it's version 7.+. I assume it still works with 5.1.1, installed it but it won't open.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anything, you can always boot into Safe Mode, more accurately 'no substrate mode' to remove the tweak. Very few tweaks will cause boot looping nowadays since they rely on Cydia/Mobile Substrate, and disabling mobile substrate would essentially disable the tweak, etc.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok how do I boot into safe mode? I just installed remove background and specifically says it works on ios5-6, it didn't work and tried unistalling it. It rebooted and disabled all the jailbreak apps and they wouldn't open. After rebooting many times it came back to life. I think I'll just leave it be and try not to do too much.

Most reactions