What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've still to update to iOS6 or should I wait a bit longer.

hatred218

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think not.... because here what happens to my new ipad bought last week:

Hi, I would like to ask for help regarding the effects occured in my new ipad3 upon updating the software to iOS6. i think my speakers went from being loud to low volume... i observed that my speakers upon upgrading produces a crack noise and now producing a low sound even if the volume is in maximum.. Just bought it last week... Kindly help. thank you.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I updated my new iPad 3 to iOS 6 out of the box & everything works as advertised. So for those in a similar situation where it doesn't - return it for a replacement. For those with an older device - backup, wipe & restore. I'll bet you see an improvement. :)

Swtrader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any news on ios6 on the ipad3. Ios5 works great, so don't want to switch until the issues are fixed.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It works fine on my iPad3, and always has. Today, I updated to 6.1 and it still works fine. I wonder if some folks' wifi issues aren't caused by old, noncompliant routers? Consumer-grade wireless routers typically lay about five years, then get flaky or die completely. New ones are only $40-50, and will be twice as fast if the old one didn't support N.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IOS6 works fine on my iPad 3. I upgraded from 5 about 6 weeks ago. My only gripe was that Google maps, with its great street view, is replaced by Apple's maps which had some glitches with the accurate pinpointing of addresses etc on the maps. Also street view is lost, but the 3D views of major city centres and major natural features, such as the Grand Canyon, are superb.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone had a sudden boost in the wifi signal since the update, before the update I could only get two bars, after the update I am now getting the full three bars and its faster, this is on a ipad3 64gb wifi only version.
I did the update in an area of the house that doesn't pick up the signal well, (I am stuck in bed). The wifi boost and speed is fantastic.

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated to IOS 6.1 after having IPad 3 for about a week. No problems with update , although all 14,000 songs had to be reloaded onto I Pod which took quite a while .

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saphire said:
Has anyone had a sudden boost in the wifi signal since the update, before the update I could only get two bars, after the update I am now getting the full three bars and its faster, this is on a ipad3 64gb wifi only version.
I did the update in an area of the house that doesn't pick up the signal well, (I am stuck in bed). The wifi boost and speed is fantastic.

Yes, me too. Router modem is AT&T New wireless . Drops a bar every so often but think that is due to traffic & air waves?

Most reactions