What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've heard 4.3.4 to be released in few days, make sure you JB now!

iTheOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That's right. But, there really is no prep to do for this JB. The other stuff is just good practice.

You should save your 4.3.3 blobs now, but you don't have to in order to prepare. You can save them after if you like, but you must save them before Apple releases 4.3.4, because then it will be too late.

Also, there is no RUSH to jailbreak if you don't want to. Just DONT update to 4.3.4 if iTunes offers it to you. As long as you stay on 4.3.3 you can jailbreak any time you want. You don't HAVE to do it before 4.3.4 is out...

Hope that clarifies...

Not meaning to chime in, but here's the precautionary path I took:

In iTunes, I disabled the option to check for and install updates (under the iTunes preferences page, there is box that is checked by default to check for updates). I figured, if anything, this should buy me some time.
Using TinyUmbrella, I backed up the SHSH file for both my iPad2 (4.3.3- 8bj2), as well as my Verizon iPhone 4 (4.2.8), and just to be safe, I zipped up the folder that my SHSH file saves to (my folder is called .SHSH in my root directory), and uploaded it to my dropbox.

Then I backed up both devices, entered DFU (and make sure that you are in DFU, and you will when the screen is blank, kind of like the APX mode in Android) and did a clean restore. Just to make sure I didnt miss any updates, I checked for updates on one of my other machines with iTunes, and there were none (as of Saturday afternoon) because my iTunes came back and said that my 4.3.3 was the most recent.

After my paranoia was satiated, I rejailbreaked my ipad2 and iphone4, and went back to cydia to reinstall my apps. The Re-jailbreaking allowed me to check off (and avoid) apps/mods that seemed to be buggy on my iPad and iPhone.

And now, all that I have left to do is to backup everything. Which I will be doing on a vm that I have the IP address blocked on outbound connections.
(btw, I am hoping that I am not leaving out any crucial steps... Let me know if I am..) =o)

iTheOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No. You don't have to use TU. You can point iTunes to Cydia instead. TU is just easier for some than manually editing your hosts file...

But you have to modify the host file on your machine, so that iTunes will send to cydia, right? Thank goodness that iTunes isn't pointing to a specific list of Apple IP addresses and is relying on the FQDN's for connections.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After my paranoia was satiated, I rejailbreaked my ipad2 and iphone4, and went back to cydia to reinstall my apps. The Re-jailbreaking allowed me to check off (and avoid) apps/mods that seemed to be buggy on my iPad and iPhone.
I am hoping that I am not leaving out any crucial steps... Let me know if I am..) =o)

do you know about pkgbackup or xbackup..might save you some time.

titot4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backup SHSH

I am a newbie and I used "I S H S H I T" on my iPad 2 which sends the SHSH to me via-email and I stored it safely on my PC. I didn't see anyone mention this particular app on the subject, is this app OK to use?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
titot4u said:
I am a newbie and I used "I S H S H I T" on my iPad 2 which sends the SHSH to me via-email and I stored it safely on my PC. I didn't see anyone mention this particular app on the subject, is this app OK to use?

Yes, it is covered in our SHSH FAQ Sticky thread and is fine to use.

titot4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
titot4u said:

Yes, it is covered in our SHSH FAQ Sticky thread and is fine to use.

Yes...I noticed its covered on the FAQ, I was only unsure if it was OK to use because I noticed everyone using tiny umbrella instead. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that I jailbroke my iPad2, what are the first "must-do" steps I should take? I already installed the 2nd PDF patch, should I also install the first one or is the second one by itself enough to 'secure' the system? Any other system-related tweaks or patches that should be installed before I start playing with Cydia's other offerings?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I jailbroke my iPad2, what are the first "must-do" steps I should take? I already installed the 2nd PDF patch, should I also install the first one or is the second one by itself enough to 'secure' the system? Any other system-related tweaks or patches that should be installed before I start playing with Cydia's other offerings?

the second pdf patch is all you need.

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3.4 could be release

I just seen in Twitter that 4.3.4 could be released by tomorrow if it is remember not to update if you want to stay jailbroken

Most reactions

Latest posts