What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've Completely Ditched My iPad For the iPhone 4

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One has to appreciate that the iPad is not for every one. I mean what a waste of news space does it really matter if some one prefers the iPhone over the iPad. They most likely were given ipads and had no use for them in the first place because they rely on their laptops.

I have both iPhone 3GS and also iPad 32 wifi. When I am at work i use my iPhone for 3 reasons. The corporate wifi is bogged down and intermittent ( not an Apple problem) so i use 3 g. In the car i have the integrated parrot system so i can enjoy my music plus use it for gps when needed and last but not least it is a phone.

As soon as I get home the iPad is with me all the time as it is so fast light convenient and fun to use for every day needs. I only use the Macbook when I need to sync or back up which is may be every 2 weeks.
The point is both devices compliment each other. I would never sell my iPad nor stop using it even when I upgrade to the iPhone 4 as they both have their places in my life.

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One has to appreciate that the iPad is not for every one. I mean what a waste of news space does it really matter if some one prefers the iPhone over the iPad. They most likely were given ipads and had no use for them in the first place because they rely on their laptops.

I have both iPhone 3GS and also iPad 32 wifi. When I am at work i use my iPhone for 3 reasons. The corporate wifi is bogged down and intermittent ( not an Apple problem) so i use 3 g. In the car i have the integrated parrot system so i can enjoy my music plus use it for gps when needed and last but not least it is a phone.

As soon as I get home the iPad is with me all the time as it is so fast light convenient and fun to use for every day needs. I only use the Macbook when I need to sync or back up which is may be every 2 weeks.
The point is both devices compliment each other. I would never sell my iPad nor stop using it even when I upgrade to the iPhone 4 as they both have their places in my life.
I would agree with that, it would be great reasons to own both.
I don't have an iPhone. When I go out I always ask myself: "Do I really need to bring the iPad with me for that outing?" because its heavy, fragile, difficult to conceal and attracts too much attention.

If I had an iPhone, there would be no questions about it. Go!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had an iPhone4 I'd need a second cell phone on a reliable carrier that I could actually use the phone functions with.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had an iPhone4 I'd need a second cell phone on a reliable carrier that I could actually use the phone functions with.

I have verizon but I have considered downgrading my droid to just phone and getting an iPhone, that way I get the iPhone functions and the ability to make calls.

jetman1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can tell you the Iphone is a cool tool but it has some drawbacks for me. One is the battery life at least on my 3GS model and two is screen size. I love both but iPad wins with me for these two items alone.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Will said many, many years ago, "One man's meat is another man's poison."

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I was 20 years younger when I didn't need reading glasses, I might prefer the iPhone to the iPad. So I guess it's different stroke for different folks.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iPhone 4 for a month and a half before ever buying an iPad--and I love my iPad.

But to say you ditched an iPad for an iPhone, to me, sounds kinda stupid. My iPhone is, well, my PHONE.... how the heck was this dude's iPad his phone? My iPhone is my camera, and video recorder. How did the iPad do that? My iPhone is never not with me. This guy carried his iPad everywhere? Just doesn't seem to make sense.

I use my iPad where I would have before used a laptop or even desktop. They are what it replaces for me. But I certainly don't think of it replacing my iPhone: rather it enhances my iPhone.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts