What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've authorized 3 computers out of my available 5

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought an ipad 2 less than a month ago. It's only ever been connected to one PC (my home PC) which I authorized when I first synced.

Yesterday, I had to do a full system recovery on my PC and reinstall itunes. When I went to sync again, it asked me to authorize the computer, so I did. Then it told me that I've authorized 3 out of the available 5 computers that I'm allowed.

I can't understand this. Even if after the system recovery, the same PC counted as a 2nd time, I still should have only used 2 out of 5, not 3.

Is there any way to fix this? Can I somehow remove authorized computers from my list?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
If you didn't deauthorize the computer before rebuilding it, it counts as another authorized PC. A unique security hash is created each time you authorize, thus, without deauthorizing the other installs, you just add to your account.

You can only deauthorize before you reinstall, not after.

NOW - there is a function you can use "ONCE A YEAR" to deauthorize ALL PC's and start from scratch. I am not on my computer that has iTunes installed, so either someone will need to post the step-by-step or you can hit the Help within iTunes and search for it.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You get the option to deauthorise all computers, one you reach your limit of five. I wouldn't worry about it tbh until then.

Most reactions

Latest posts