What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you really have to sink the iPad with ituns bEfore you can use the iPad? How long does it take to sink it if this is true

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you really have to sink the iPad with ituns bEfore you can use the iPad? How long does it take to sink it if this is true
Yes you will need to SYNC the device to iTunes in order to initialize the iPad.
Should not take long depending on how much media you want to sync to it.
If you have no movies, music, apps, photos, then it should take less than 10 minutes.

All the best:D

OP
F

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx

Yes you will need to SYNC the device to iTunes in order to initialize the iPad.
Should not take long depending on how much media you want to sync to it.
If you have no movies, music, apps, photos, then it should take less than 10 minutes.

All the best:D

Thx so much

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first time you sync the iPad with iTunes (after registration) does it go right into sync mode or do you get the chance to pick and choose what to sync? I have an iPod Touch that I regularly sync with iTunes (pictures, music, calendar, email, notes). Will iTunes default to what is set up to sync on my iPod Touch?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom P. said:
The first time you sync the iPad with iTunes (after registration) does it go right into sync mode or do you get the chance to pick and choose what to sync? I have an iPod Touch that I regularly sync with iTunes (pictures, music, calendar, email, notes). Will iTunes default to what is set up to sync on my iPod Touch?

You can pick and choose in the same way you can with Your Touch.

The Archangel

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i havent used itunes in a long time (i'm an original Touch user), and i know you can manually individually sync (drag and drop) music and video to it. can you also individually pick and choose which apps to sync over as well (cos you couldnt used to originally)?

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

All you have to do IF it does start syncing is press the cancel or "X" in the info window at the top of the iTunes application.
From there you go to the "Summary" tab and deselct the "Always sync contents when this ipad is connected.
I think there is another way to do this in the settings section as well.:D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, if you want to prevent auto-syncing; open iTunes' preferences, the Devices tab, and check the box that says "Prevent iPods. . . from syncing automatically"

From that point on you'll only sync when you click on the sync button, or choose it from a menu.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also try to avoid ITunes as much as possible, since that Program often do things u dont want to ist always a risk that some Apps just dissapear for a reason u just dont see in the moment.

Just keep auto-sync off and nothing will happen when u connect to itunes without doing anything.

ITunes can be a pain, but still u should do a backup of your device from time to time (right click device name and "save") to not lose anything while doing a step in ITunes where u dont know what will happen.

I really would never sync, but there iOS-Updates which you need to get, and theres the major problem of all.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I plug my ipad1 up and transfer all my purchased apps...it then syncs the whole ipad right? When its done do I jus plug up ipad2 and restore to the sync I just did on ipad 1 to transfer everything over to ipad2?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifet1me said:
I also try to avoid ITunes as much as possible, since that Program often do things u dont want to ist always a risk that some Apps just dissapear for a reason u just dont see in the moment.

Just keep auto-sync off and nothing will happen when u connect to itunes without doing anything.

ITunes can be a pain, but still u should do a backup of your device from time to time (right click device name and "save") to not lose anything while doing a step in ITunes where u dont know what will happen.

I really would never sync, but there iOS-Updates which you need to get, and theres the major problem of all.

So is "save" like a Manuel sync? Where do u cut off auto sync?

Most reactions

Latest posts