What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have recently downloaded an album but I want to send just one track on that album as a gift but it won't let me do it now I have purchased it, does anyone know of another way ??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your iPad, you only can gift items in iTunes or App Store.

This is how to do it on your iPad in iTunes: In iTunes Store, search for the song, even if you have already purchased it. When you find it, open it (no need to listen to it). At the top right, you'll find the Share button. Tap it, and you'll see something like this:
image-826431582.jpg
Choose "Gift", then this appears:
image-3652865022.jpg
Enter the email address of the person you want to send it to.

It also can be done on your computer, afaik, also iTunes Store.

Last edited:
OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have done all that but this track only appears on one album, and it won't allow me to gift it

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will only allow me to gift the whole album and not just one track from it ...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then you can't gift this song alone. You would have to gift the whole album.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's gifting the whole album, it is not allowing me to select one track so I have searched other albums and searched for the track on its own in tunes and it does not appear anywhere else...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some tracks are album only on on the iTunes Store. They should usually say so where the price normally shows up.

If that is not the case, search for the song in the iTunes Store. Select it from the Songs List. Do not use the Purchased tab. Do not choose the album. When it is selected it will still show up a part of an album, but your chosen song's title will be blue. Tap the share icon as Johanna illustrated and (with a little luck) the Gift icon will be there.

Good luck.

Edit: Looks like I'm late to the show. It's all been covered. Ignore this. I'm just leaving it incase someone's already read and responded before I could delete it.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done all of the above, if you search for the track it only comes up as listed on this one album..... It only allows me to play the track not gift it

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will have to burn the album to a disc and send it through the post by Royal Mail instead so much for technology !!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to gift the whole album (if it's not too expensive).

Most reactions