1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes won't sync all photos (mac/iPhoto)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Sonicrobby, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Currently I have around 8800 pictures my iPhoto library. When I go into iTunes to sync all my photos to my iPad mini it tells me I have 8800 photos sync. I click on apply and sink, but only syncs around 7700 of them (saying copying photo 55 out of 7700). I've restarted iTunes, my Mac, my iPad, synced many times, and the same issue. I've deleted the iPod photo catch, restarted, re-synced, and still the same problem.

Just a while ago, I tried syncing all the pictures to my iPad 3, and it began to sync the correct number (ex. Coping photo 65 out of 8800) but when I went back to it a few hours later, and checked my iPad, it only contains 7400 photos. No error or anything telling me why the full 8800 weren't synced. This is highly frustrating, does anyone have any solutions?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1
    iPhoto on the Mac is a bit more versatile than Photos on the iPad. It is possible that some of the files in iPhoto are not compatible with the iPad; though that usually gets you a warning after the sync is finished. At least thats my experience.

Also, check the memory on the iPad and make sure you're not close to running out.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

I'm using an older version of iPhotos and only sync a few albums; so my experiences may not apply.
  3. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yeah, it seems that originally, the photos taken from my iPad 3 did not sync to my mini, I deleted the photo cache, resynced with the iPad 3. After a failed attempt (only copying 7400 photos) I just clicked on sync again, and at last it continued and synced the remaining files, completing my collection.

With the new photo catch made, I synced with the mini. And it looks like this time it synced all the photos!

Thanks for your help :)
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1
    I forgot about the photo catch. I'm glad you got it figured out, and that everything is now working.