What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes wont recognize jailbroken Ipad2

seaspray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Itunes wont recognize jailbroken Ipad2, the pop up box says: Itunes cannot read the contents of the Ipad "my Ipad". Go to
the Summary tab in ipad preferences and click Restore to restore
the ipad to factory settings.

What is the best option to sort this problem so I can transfer music from my laptop, I'd prefer to keep it jailbroken if possible.

Many thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Itunes wont recognize jailbroken Ipad2, the pop up box says: Itunes cannot read the contents of the Ipad "my Ipad". Go to the Summary tab in ipad preferences and click Restore to restore the ipad to factory settings.

What is the best option to sort this problem so I can transfer music from my laptop, I'd prefer to keep it jailbroken if possible.

Many thanks

Has your iPad connected to this iTunes before? As in, is the iTunes with which you normally sync the iPad? If yes, then did you just start getting this message? I ask all these questions to try to help you narrow down what you might have done just prior to getting this error notice. What were some of the last jail break tweaks that you downloaded? One (or some) of them may be causing the issue. If we get a run-down of what you did just before you started seeing this message - we can possibly help. Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Most reactions

Latest posts