What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes upgrade 10.5 problem

iPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After my wifi problem is fixed, there already is a new one... I have an iPad 2 and i wanted to upgrade to iOS5.
To do that i first needed to upgrade iTunes to the latest version (10.5). So i tried to do that but there was an error
aso they've sent me to the apple website to redownload itunes completely and upgrade it at the same time. So i started installing it, but then there was an error again.
This basically means i can't update my itunes. What should i do?
Thanks!

PS: sorry if my English isn't that good, it isn't my mother tongue :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of people have found they need to turn off virus and/or firewall protection on their computers to be able to download iTunes 10.5. Try that and see if that helps.

Marilyn

drof2th

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't upgrade Itunes

After pulling my hair out for 6 hours, I have solved the problem within XP. While using The Windows Install Clean Up Utility (do a Google search), I deleted a Bonjour folder which was one indicating of the errors and it reappeared! So, upon closer study of the utility's report, I noticed that there was an Itunes folder in the All Users area. Um, I had Itunes installed on the "My User" area so, I deleted the itunes from the All Users area and wolla, Itunes updated to version 10.5! Now I need help getting my hair to grow again!

After my wifi problem is fixed, there already is a new one... I have an iPad 2 and i wanted to upgrade to iOS5.
To do that i first needed to upgrade iTunes to the latest version (10.5). So i tried to do that but there was an error
aso they've sent me to the apple website to redownload itunes completely and upgrade it at the same time. So i started installing it, but then there was an error again.
This basically means i can't update my itunes. What should i do?
Thanks!

PS: sorry if my English isn't that good, it isn't my mother tongue :)

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It took over 4 hours to update my iPhone and another 4 or 5 for my iPad. Although I updated first, there were errors and both devices had to be restored. Terrible process : )

Most reactions